Hotwire Hotel: 4* Miami (Airport MIA) Hilton

Robin Coolidge
By Robin Coolidge,
in

Working on getting a hotel near the Miami airport for an overnight layover Saturday August 18.

First checked to see where there were no 4*'s in the area. Found Miami Lakes and Southwest Miami areas had no 4*'s.

Starting by bidding $50 for a 4* including only the Airport area. Turned down.

Added Miami Lakes, bumped to $55, turned down.

Added Southwest Miami, bumped to $60, turned down.

Giving up for the time being, may try again later.

I did use your PRICELINE link!

I don't think you're too far off.. another $5 (possibly $10) may be enough to get this stay taken care of.

Also, when bidding 4* in Miami you have SEVEN re-bid zones, so you can have many more bidding opportunities then you've made above.

Let us know once you're ready to bid again and your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem with rebidding other areas is, because this is an overnight layover, I need to have an airport shuttle to get me back and forth. If I go to far away I won't be 90% sure of having the shuttle.

Not sure I am willing to go much higher. Could go down to a 3*. Not sure which direction to go. I will probably give it 24 hours and try $5 more. If that does not work I may try a different path to cheapness.

Robin,

MIA also has 3 1/2* bidding. Several nice hotels at that level have been reported here. You can see them in the Hotel List (first post in this Priceline -Florida area).

And there are still several free rebid zones available at that level. If you aren't sure which zones are safe, post your assumptions back here and somebody will double-check your list.

Good luck.

Romelle

The problem with rebidding other areas is, because this is an overnight layover, I need to have an airport shuttle to get me back and forth. If I go to far away I won't be 90% sure of having the shuttle.

You have SEVEN re-bid zones, which are zones that you can add but can't win in since they only have hotels that are rated less than 4*. The way to determine your re-bid zones is outlined here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, and if you're new to this method it's highly recommended that you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding.

If you read the link above and are still confused just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're only seeing TWO re-bid zones at the 4* level try the following:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Miami, FL' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Makes perfect sense, that is what I thought I did, but obviously did something wrong.

So giving it another try using the link you gave me above.

Trying for a 4* in the Airport area. Found 7 areas without 4*'s.

- Started at $70 in MIA area. Turned down.

- Added North Miami (max 2*) and went to $75. Turned down again.

- Added Aventura (max 3*), went to $80. Turned down again.

That is the max I am willing to do right now. Will come back later and try again.

Have been trying to get a hotel via PRICELINE with no luck, so checked out Hotwire.

Used HOTWIRE search button above left. Found 4* Miami Intl Airport are hotel. 1 night Aug 18. $77/night, 80% recommendation.

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Can you identify?

Thanks for the help!

Please keep all posts the same stay in this same thread.

My guess for this property is the Hilton Airport, but as you have not yet tried bidding in the Miami Airport zone, is there a reason you're not first trying PRICELINE in this zone?

My mistake... i thought you were previously bidding 'Downtown'.

Are you arriving by plane into this area on the Aug 18 or departing early on the 19th... or is this a pre-cruise stay?

Robin,

A few things.

People often work both Priceline and Hotwire for a particular trip. To keep things organized into sort of "trip stories", when there are posts in both areas, they are merged into one. Then, whatever the final outcome, the entire merged thread in moved to the appropriate area. It is admittedly a bit confusing mid-stream, but makes more sense in the end.

When you are comparing possibilities between Priceline and Hotwire, you need to know that Hotwire can be more generous with stars. It is in no way exact, but there tends to be about a 1/2 star difference. Thus a 3.5* Priceline can be a 4* Hotwire.

Of course, the hotel universes can be different for the two, so there will be hotels available in Priceline not available in Hotwire, and vice versa. You can see the hotels members have reported here up in the first posts of the Florida area, and also in the first posts of the Florida-Priceline and Florida-Hotwire areas.

I believe the reason for thereuare's last question is because Miami overnight layovers between air trip segments are a lot less common than pre-cruise nights. If it is a pre-cruise night there are some other Miami zones that could also work well for you.

Romelle

Bidding on hotel in MIA zone 8/26, 4* for an overnight layover (need airport shuttle). Found from previous research which zones do not have 4* for rebidding. Willing to go to $75. Used PRICELINE link above.

- Started at $60 with MIA zone. No luck.

- Added Aventura, raised to $65. Denied.

- Added North Miami, rasied to $70. Turned down.

- Added Miami Airport West - Doral, raised to $75. Turned down.

Going over to try Hotwire. Will use link above.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see this worked out well for you and this property should work well for your needs.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]