Hotwire Hotel: Help with RDU hotel

nc66
By nc66,
in

I could really use some help identifying this hotel. I'm looking for a hotel near RDU in Raleigh-Durham, NC. My dates are 8/15-checkin, 8/16 checkout. I searched Hotwire for the RDU area with free parking,shuttle (as we will need to leave our vehicle at the hotel as we're flying and will be gone for 10 days). What came up was 1 hotel with this info...

3 stars

Recommended:In 90% of Hotwire customer reviews

$122 other sites,

$61 on hotwire per room/per night

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle, Pool(s), Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Accessible Bathroom, Handicapped Parking

Thanks so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please read your messages.

I searched Hotwire for the RDU area with free parking,shuttle (as we will need to leave our vehicle at the hotel as we're flying and will be gone for 10 days).

If a hotel displays the Free Parking amenity it is only implied that the parking is free while you're a guest staying on premises at the property... you can't assume that this would apply to a Park N Fly situation where you leave your vehicle at the hotel while you're away (since at most hotels this is a package rate and costs more than a 'standard' room... which is what you would be booked for thru PRICELINE / HOTWIRE) It's possible that you receive a hotel that is willing to allow you to leave your car there while traveling, but this can't be expected or relied upon, and it's also possible that the hotel would charge additional for this.

Is this a risk you're willing to take OR are you specifically looking for a hotel where you can leave your car at no charge while traveling?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand what you're saying. I think I better book this another way then because I have no way of knowing about the hotel and what they might would charge for parking if it wasn't already included in the rate. Thanks so much for your help!

About the free parking amenity on Hotwire, I've seen others get confused as well for hotels near airports. Last month I witnessed a guest coax/plead/tirade for 15 minutes in Indianapolis to wanting free parking for a week for their Hotwire one-night stay at a hotel that offered park-and-fly service. She held up others from checking in, and ended up having to pay separately anyway for extended-stay parking (albeit a reasonable amount that was still less than the airport's lots).

While it seems a bit misleading for Hotwire to advertise "free parking", one often sees hotels in nearby downtown zones that do charge extra for parking during hotel stays. I suppose a traveler needs to recognize that the duration of hotel stay is stated in the purchase dates (i.e., just one day in this case).

At RDU there is a private lot off US70 with excellent (and pleasantly unexpected) service and prices (Raleigh Fast Park and Relax) that I use during international travel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]