Priceline Hotel: 3* Cincinnati (Kings Island Area) Hyatt Place Cincinnati - Northeast

mcgivey
By mcgivey,
in

Would ideally like to get a Hyatt Place in Cincinnati or my dates (8/2/12 - 8/5/12), but that might be tough. We highly prefer the Blue Ash area and definitely need 3 star or higher. Budget is up too $75/nt.

Any help with a bidding strategy would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any clues I missed that would give an idea of what the 3 star in Blue Ash for these dates is, that would be great too.

Thanks!

You can't bid on, or target, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

If you're willing to accept any 3* hotel in the zone, i would try as follows:

When bidding 3* in the Cincinnati area you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3* Blue Ash...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Blue Ash and re-bid zone2...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours and re-try once again using a PRICELINE link on the board (and not links in any email that PRICELINE may send indicating that you're eligible to bid again):

Select 3* Blue Ash...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Blue Ash and re-bid zone2...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info. I do have a question, what would Zone 2 be? I am having trouble finding a zone that doesn't have a 3-star.

Please close this thread. I will be creating a new one with my finalized deal (which was a bit different then what I was originally asking for).

Got the Hyatt Place, which is what we wanted. Decided not to try in the Blue Ash area since there were many other 3 stars which we probably would have ended up with.

Started at $50/nt for Kings Island area (declined)

then KI + Fairfield area (no 3*s) - $55/nt (declined)

changed to KI + Ft. Mitchell (no 3*s) - $60/nt (declined)

Then all 3 - KI + Fairfield + Mitchell - $65/nt (accepted!)

Thanks for your help. Better bidding is always where I go first!

FYI - When I created the thread, I actually did it wrong. Dates are 8/2 - 8/6.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]