Hotwire Hotel: 4* Boston (Waterfront - Convention Center) Westin Boston Waterfront

wagman
By wagman,
in

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Boston 09/07 through 09/10 for 6 people in which we'll need 3 rooms with 2 double/queen beds. I've used Priceline enough and know that getting a room with 2 beds isn't guaranteed, so I'm leery of going that route. I've never used Hotwire. If I select a "hot rate" is that taking the same chance as Priceline with the beds per room?

With HOTWIRE, if you indicate more than 2 people per room, then that should ensure more than 1 bed in the room - that could, however, mean 2 beds or 1 + sofabed or 1 + rollaway. If you are 2 per room, you can indicate 2 adults and 2 children, even if there isn't going to be 2 children.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It appears you only need double occupancy for each room but each of the guests would like their own bed. If this is the case, try searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/1child or 2adults/2children as this may cost less then indicating 3adults per room.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Planning a trip to Boston from 09/07-09/10. Need 3 rooms, 2 beds per room (guys weekend). Used the HOTWIRE link and found a 4* hotel in the waterfront area for $220 a night. We'd like to keep our budget around $200, so it's not that far off. Amenities are listed as: High-Speed Internet Access, Fitness Center, In-room accessibility, Smoke Free Rooms, Roll-in shower. Anyone know what hotel this might be? Will I have a better chance at a lower rate if I wait a couple more weeks?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

If you run your HOTWIRE search again and click the SHOW ME button (with the price in it)... on the ensuing page if you then click the 'See all' link under the amenities, that is the full list of amenities associated with this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After starting my search with the HOTWIRE link from this board, I found the following amenities for the 4* Boston Waterfront hotel:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Based on that, I'd assume it's the Westin Boston Waterfront? What are the odds the rate drops below $200 if I wait a couple more weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullet and booked the hotel I'd been watching as it went from $226/night to $192/night from 09/07 - 09/10. It turned out to be the Westin Boston Waterfront. Did start the purchase from the HOTWIRE link from this website. It had a 95% approval rate so we'll see how it goes. Thanks for your help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the results.

I actually the hotel offered may have changed when you saw the price drop to $192, as this is the amenity set i'm currently seeing for a 4* hotel in the Waterfront zone (and it's priced at $192/nite):

Indoor Pool

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

NOTE that this does NOT include Spa or Free Internet as the previously amenity list above does, and some of the 'accessible' amenities are different.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

According to the booking information on my account, the amenities for the hotel we booked were:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Checking HOTWIRE today, I see a 4* waterfront hotel listed for $224 again, nothing at this rate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]