Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Paradise Point Resort And Spa

chjunk
By chjunk,
in

So my sister and I were trying to book 1 room for 4 people in San Diego for 7/21, checking out the next day. From past experience, and seeing postings on the board, we thought we could get a place in Downtown or Coronado for pretty reasonable, around $100.

We started with just Downtown, 5 stars, bidding from $100 to $130, just to give it a shot.

Then we started more seriously, with Downtown and Coronado, 4 stars starting at $80, going all the way up to $120. No luck.

Then, we bid with Downtown, Coronado, and Coastal, with 4 stars, going up to $150. No luck.

Then we bid Downtown, Coronado, and Coastal, 3.5 stars, starting around $100, going all the way up to $195. No luck.

Other research revealed some hotels going for around $300 around downtown and airport areas. So we bid Downtown, Coronado, and Coastal, 3.5 stars, going all the way up to $290. Still no luck with bids.

We didn't want to go below 3.5 stars, as we would be with our parents. I would open to other areas, but they don't have 3.5 stars and it would be hard to bid.

I ended up having to use a different site to get a hotel, unfortunately. Just thought you all should know. Something crazy is going on this weekend, I'm very curious what. Comic-con already passed, I wonder if b/c they changed dates a lot of people had booked in advance and were confused. Otherwise, I did a bit of research and have no idea why all the hotels are so expensive right now.

Good Luck everyone!

So, it is not just me facing problem booking in San Diego through Priceline. I tried for last two days to book a room for July 26-July 28. First day I tried, I went up to $70 for a 2.5* before giving up. I thought I would have better luck if I bid close to my intended date of stay. So, tried yesterday for up to $52 on a 2*, didn't get through. (You can directly book a 2* for around $65 in San Diego area). Something is weird- I guess.

Yes, I am trying to book those days too and having no luck. There is a large girls youth basketball tournament happening and someone mentioned an LGBT conference. I am bidding almost to 200 looking at 4* and above in 3 zones (plus all the rebids) and having no luck.

Lets stay in touch and if anyone has success, let us know ofr know if you found some halfway decent lodging elsewhere.

I am not sure whether it is 7/21-7/22 weekend problem. I tried 7/26-7/28 (Thu, Fri nights) in almost all zone areas in San Diego (except 4 zones). No luck for a 2.5* up to $60 and 2* up to $55. Ended up booking a 2* hotel (just be safe) for $70 through non-bidding. I can cancel this one if I want.

Yep, we tried a month or so ago various times to get a deal through priceline and had no luck for 7/20-7/24. We ended up booking directly through a hotel and saw the rate go up after that and now the hotel is booked so figured something big must be going on. Glad we made our reservation when we did.

OK, so we changed our dates and are just going to stay Friday night due tot he difficulty in getting rooms....

Got the Paradise Point Resort And Spa for $101. Initial bid was 91 for sand diego coastal 4*, Priceline asked us to move it to 119 to get the room, we declined and kept bidding up with all the free rebid zones until it finally popped at 101. 100 was probably the minimum they would take. Their lowest rate on their web site for the same night is $395.

We used the betterbidding.com PRICELINE link of course. :)

Seems like Saturday night is near impossible, but if you want to stay on Friday night this is what you can get in this zone. I hope its not terrrible!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an excellent deal and some BIG savings! Glad to see your plans were flexible and you were able to score a great rate by changing your date to Friday nite.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]