Priceline Hotel: Syracuse hotel help

leeacw
By leeacw,
in

Wanting to book 1 night in Syracuse for Sept 1, 2012, preferably 3.5* in the Syracuse University area. Previously won the 3.5* Genesee Grande for $70 and was pleased with my experience there. That was for the Canada Day long weekend (June 30).

I've bid up to $90 using up all my rebidding zones and still nothing! Granted it's the Labour Day long weekend AND the NY State fair is going on. Any way to tell which hotels are sold out?

I would go a lower star rating, but I'm worried I'll end up with a property in the surrounding suburbs. I'd really prefer central Syracuse.

Any tips please? Thanks. :)

I would go a lower star rating, but I'm worried I'll end up with a property in the surrounding suburbs.

If you only select the University zone then your hotel will be in the boundaries of this zone... is the zone extend beyond where you're willing to stay OR is it that you can't UNcheck zones that you have previously selected as re-bid zones?

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Crowne Plaza for $114/nite.. would this be of any interest?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh, I mean if I were to go a lower star rating, I probably won't have any free rebidding zones.

You have plenty of time before your stay so you could always bid once a day and slowly increase your bids... that would at least be better then not bidding at all on account of not having any re-bid zones.
Although I guess I will try to bid higher w/ PRICELINE then...
If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well I bid up to $100 today using the free rebidding zones and nothing! Not even a counter-offer. I'm really wondering if all the hotels are booked. Not likely hotel rooms would be freed up closer to the date right?

Ideally my absolute maximum would be $138, which is the cost of the HOTWIRE Crowne Plaza after taxes and fees. If I were to get a hotel for less than that, that's a small victory. :lol:

Are there any known hotels in the Syracuse University Area that is less than 3*? Even 2.5* or 2* I'd be ok with.

Tried Priceline and couldn't get a decent price for a 3*, so will settle for a cheaper property farther out.

Saw this one on hotwire:

2* in the Syracuse Airport Area

$47/night

Amenities:

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the deaf

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Thinking it could be Candlewood Suites, but amenities don't list kitchenette.

Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Ideally my absolute maximum would be $138, which is the cost of the HOTWIRE Crowne Plaza after taxes and fees. If I were to get a hotel for less than that, that's a small victory.

What does this equate to in terms of bid amount?

Please keep all posts for the same trip in the same thread. If you ultimately use HOTWIRE we'll move this thread to that section of the board once a hotel is won (or it will be done automatically if you use the "EDIT TO REPORT WIN" button on the lower right corner of this page)

My best guess for the property above would be the Quality Inn East.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]