Priceline Hotel: Hard time bidding for NYC hotels in november 11-16 2012

marciopsiq
By marciopsiq,
in

I have already sucessfully bid for the 2nd half of my stay, and posted the Priceline hotel win (The Shoreham, MTW, $196 nov 16 to nov 21). But after a few weeks trying to bid for the first five days, nov 11 to nov 16, everything seems to be more expensive.

I have bid many times for MTW, CPS, TS, UWS and the respective rebidding zones and went up to $230 with no success.

My main backup plan is the Park Central Hotel, for $232 on the hotel website, specially due to its location(our favourite spot to stay in NY is the Columbus Circle area, plus the possibility to walk to the Shoreham when changing hotels).

But we still hope for a better deal. Any suggestions? Other websites?

Thanks!

Thank you for your answer.

I had also suspected I would have won by now if I had included MTE, but unfortunately, due to a not so good experience at the Grand Hyatt, I would not bid for that area. The hotel itself we enjoyed, but we really didn't like the location, specially due to the always crowded lexington subway lines. And the risk to be too east close to the UN also keeps us away from bidding for that zone.

You have a good back-in (in terms of price) so i'd just stick with it 1-2 times per week as i don't see too many option right now less than your back-up... some things that are close, but gets you further away from your preferred location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still working on a maximum offer.

As I have recently came across a Helmsley Park Lane room for $265, and that hotel and location are very convenient for me, i'd say I wouldn't probably bid more than that, and I am also considering taking the times square zone out of my bids.

What I am really interested in now is the 4* hotels in the CPS zone and in the Empire Hotel(UWS), but I don't want to rule out MTW, due to the possibily of getting The Shoreham, and therefore avoiding the hotel change, or The Hilton on 6th av, also a very convenient property for me.

...I am also considering taking the times square zone out of my bids.

Why?

What I am really interested in now is the 4* hotels in the CPS zone and in the Empire Hotel(UWS), but I don't want to rule out MTW, due to the possibily of getting The Shoreham, and therefore avoiding the hotel change, or The Hilton on 6th av, also a very convenient property for me.

So what you would you like to include in your next round of bidding? Maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Because I think that, with such high prices, value for Times Square 4* hotels listed on PRICELINE is no longer ok(I don't really like staying in Times Sq, and The Westin is located in an area that I really dislike, across the st from port authority bus terminal, on 8th av)

My max bid will be 260 and I'll bid for CPS, UWS, MTW.

At the 4* level in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* UWS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW...

Select 4* CPS...

Select 4* UWS and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and MTW...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS, UWS, MTW...

Bid $225, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $230, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $235, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $240, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $245, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $250, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $255, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $260

Given your previous rejections you could start with the $185 bids above, but it's usually a good idea to re-try lower amounts (assuming you have the re-bid zones available) just in case lower priced inventory has been added to the system since you last checked.

Will try again tomorrow.

With your stay 4 months away, you may want to consider bidding only twice a week at this point as any more this you may likely get frustrated... which is usually when bidding mistakes occur and/or impuluse decisions which are later regretted.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]