Priceline Hotel: Hotel Near the Action?

web60_2000
By web60_2000,
in

I'm looking for a hotel near restaurants/shopping/attractions. Is there a "main strip" in Orlando? We want to spend $50 or under per night. We are NOT planning on going to Disney for this trip so it doesn't matter if we're close to there. We are planning 2 days at Universal Studios. We'd like a nice hotel near the "action"....any recommendations? I need to know which areas to pick on priceline...and a bidding strategy would be great too please. ;-)

"Main strip" in Orlando, near Universal Studios = International Drive

restaurants, hotels, places to go things to do.....all the stuff you would expect, it's one of the busies roads in the world

I'd suggest you bid on the Universal/Sea World zone........you'd be where the action is and near International Drive in all likelihood

are you firm on those dates?

1*,2*,2.5*,3*,4* or resort level hotel would you like?

give us all the info. about your trip and we can suggest a bidding strategy

:)

Hi Joe,

Thanks for writing back. We are pretty firm on the dates. We might be able to get in the night before, but that's the only flexibility we have. We'd like a nice hotel under $50/night. Nothing like the Red Roof Inn or anything...something a little nicer than that. What star level are Red Roof Inns? I'd go at least the next level up...maybe around 2.5-3*s?

Becky

I would stick with 3* and above, which would give you five re-bid zones (if you're not sure of which zones qualify as your re-bid zones please ask for help and/or confirm with the board)

If you've decided upon the Universal-Sea World zone, this is how i would bid:

Select 3* Universal-SW

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $44, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

Rates are inexpensive for your dates so i suspect the above should get you a hotel.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Joe,

Thanks for writing back. We are pretty firm on the dates. We might be able to get in the night before, but that's the only flexibility we have. We'd like a nice hotel under $50/night. Nothing like the Red Roof Inn or anything...something a little nicer than that. What star level are Red Roof Inns? I'd go at least the next level up...maybe around 2.5-3*s?

Becky

Red Roof Inn is 1* or a motel............pricewise you might think you need to go with 2 or 2.5* but in reality the whole Orlando zone can be quite cheap and you can get something in that price range that is 3*, also thereuare has pointed out that those dates are particularly inexpensive, make sure you understand free rebids

Any ideas what hotel this is? 2.5* for $34 9/23-9/28 in Universal/Sea World Orlando area...

Selected amenities include:silkHotAmenities0: Complimentary Breakfast, Pool(s), Fitness Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service).

Um, that's from hotwire..............do you want help with hotwire or priceline?........are you going to take the advice we gave above for hotwire?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]