Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID Laguna Beach-Dana Point 2* $128 & 2.5 *$79 8/26-8/27

Roadguy
By Roadguy,
in

2*

2-star Hotel in Laguna Beach - Dana Point

Near Beach

Pool(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Handicapped parking

2.5-star Hotel in Laguna Beach - Dana Point

Near Beach

Pool(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

I definately want to avoid the Dana Point Harbor Inn. While one might think it would be easy because its only a 2.5 on Tripadvisor, there is a caution that its sometimes incorrectly shown as 3.5 on Hotwire

There are two hotels of similar names in this area, the Dana Point Harbor Inn and the Dana Point Marina Inn and this may be the confusion that some people are experiencing between the two hotels.

My guess for the 2.5* property above is the Dana Point Harbor Inn which would be an upgrade and new amenity set for this property since the last time it was reported to the board. For the 2* i'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, are you still seeing this on your won HOTWIRE search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I tried to 'block' the Harbor Inn from my searches using my Hotwire Express status, but unable because you must STAY at that property thru Hotwire to do that. Ive been there, but not thru hotwire so I was unable to block it. It wasnt worth the chance so I booked elsewhere.

If the 2 star is now gone, it might be because it WAS the Dana Point Marina Inn. In my attempt to block the Harbor Inn from my searches, the Hotwire rep noticed another Marina Inn. Isnt this nuts? There is another Marina Inn on Coast Hwy(unlike the main one in the harbor) in Dana Point showing on Tripadvisor

One is

Dana Marina Inn

the other

Dana Point Marina Inn

I hope they straighten this all out, because the Marina Inn located in the Harbor is certainly worth $128 in August

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]