Priceline Hotel: 4* in St Louis downtown 7/19-7/22

rasTico
By rasTico,
in

After all the bidding looked at prices on hotels.com and such to see how much higher usual rates were for those days (figured such since most bids are being accepted in the $40s-$70s range on here).

For example, price earlier that week for the Hyatt Regency at the Arch is $189/night (even $129/night, on sale, the week before) on Hotels.com.

Jumps up to $259/night on days I'm traveling... lucky me. There must be some convention in town. Boo. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

How high are you willing to bid for a 4*, or wait, before lowering your star rating and/or considering nearby zones? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

You can try MAPS and HOTELS.com to easily see if there is anything near your desired location that might be within your desired price range.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just curious - what were the HOTWIRE rates while you were bidding on PRICELINE? Sometimes Hotwire is cheaper than you can get on Priceline; not always, but sometimes.

I'm going to be there the few days after your visit (7/23-26), and when I was bidding a week ago, Hotwire was asking $71 for a 4* downtown. Now I'm getting e-mails saying that they're down to $65 for 4* for my dates.

Granted, for your dates it's possible they're all booked (or close to it) and not honoring their typical PRICELINE rates, but don't forget to check Hotwire too!

EDIT - I just realized I can check HOTWIRE myself, so I did. I see that there is nothing available on Hotwire downtown for your dates. Nothing! Which means they're definitely close to full, which is why you had so much trouble. Oh well, timing is everything!

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]