NE Omaha Courtyard by Marriott Downtown

gruntlumber
By gruntlumber,
in

I stayed here July 23-24, 2005. Room rates were normally $109 per night; my winning bid was $40, although after reading another post I may have been able to save a buck and win with $39 (2.5*).

Great hotel in downtown Omaha on 10th and between Dodge & Douglas. I didn't take advantage of many close restaurants and such, but they are available. I had a king room on the 5th floor with a view of an old gutted brick building partially blocking the sight of the new Qwest Center. I didn't eat at the hotel restaurant but breakfast looked really good, and only $8.95 (I think) for the buffet. There was a TV area in the lobby with a bar in close proximity, but it didn't look like a real bar; I think it's only used for certain functions. Off to the side of the front desk is a small pantry area with munchy-type food: microwave popcorn, candy bars, muffins, soda, etc). The temperature that weekend was a record-breaking 106 degrees, so I'm thankful the A/C worked very well in the room and throughout the hotel. There was a pool but I didn't use or see it. I had limited contact with the staff, but checkin/checkout went smoothly. For the price I paid for this place, I'd stay here every time.

• 3 years later...

Stayed here 9-10 Aug 2008. Outstanding location, right off the expressway downtown. Hotel is one block from all of the bars, restaurants, and shops of the Old Market Area, which was quite impressive. Free parking, free internet, buffet price was about the same as the above post, and included eggs to order. I was quite happy with the buffet. Our room had 2 queen beds, and a pull out couch, but we also had a roll-away bed brought to our room (i.e., the room was quite large). Friendly staff, and a clean hotel. I paid $50 (plus about $15 for tax & fees), instead of the $109 they were asking, or the $93 gov't rate. Highly recommended.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]