Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland - Anaheim South - Orange - Garden Grove) Red Lion Hotel Anaheim

ewismer
By ewismer,
in

Hi, I have been bidding over the last two weeks for a 3.5* in Orange County, Disneyland-Anaheim South-Orange-Garden Grove with no luck for the dates of 7/20/12-7/24/12. I started at $46, and using free bid zones in $1 increments gone up to $71. I really do not have a top $ limit in mind, just want to get the best deal possible. Should I consider splitting the two weekend nights of Friday and Saturday off from the Sunday and Monday nights? Is one group of nights more likely to be open than the other? Thanks for any help.

Rates for the first two nites at some hotels in this zone are more expensive than the last two nites, so you may benefit from SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

When bidding 3.5* in this zone you have EIGHT re-bid zones, i would try:

Bid 3.5* Anaheim South...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70

If outside of your 24 hour lock-out period i would go thru the following date ranges, if inside your 24 hour lockout you can skip the first date:

7/20-7/24

7/21-7/24

7/20-7/23

7/22-7/24

7/20-7/22

Any questions feel free to ask,

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well, I took your advice, and after bidding as high as $85 per night for the full 4 nights with no success, I split off the last two days and bid them separately. I started at $50, at $70 got a counteroffer of $92, and got accepted at $80 per night for the Red Lion in Anaheim. Good price, sorry to see the $14 parking charge at the Red Lion though.

For the first two nights i won a hotel on priceline and got the Crowne Plaza Irvine.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were successful and by splitting the stay you were able to get a better deal for this complete trip. Unfortunately many hotels in this area do charge for parking, but at least it's the same price as those who paid full room price. ;)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]