Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (NMA-River North) Omni Ambassador East

jessimai1
By jessimai1,
in

I am looking for a boutique or 4-star for Tuesday August 23-Friday 26 in the Loop/Miracle Mile or NMA areas

Here is what I have attempted thus far...

$70 boutique- miracle mile/loop and NMA-rejected so I immediatly tried

$75 boutique- miracle mile/loop,NMA, and greater MIdway- rejected

Any advice for price range I should expect or thoughts on the 3 star hotels located in my area of choice?

Thanks, this website has been a great help for a priceline newbie,

jessimai1

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum budget? I believe you can likely get 4* hotels for just a few dollars more ($5-$15) depending upon the area you want to stay?

Hotwire has a 3.5* hotel (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business) in the Loop for $90. No guarantees, but this is a match for the Palmer House (a 4* property on Priceline). Assuming you are new to Hotwire you could use teh discount code 'giftcard06' for $10 off per nite (up to $50) at check-out to bring this down to $80/nite.

For a little more there is a 4* in the MagMile zone for $99 (Customer Favorite: Restaurant, Fitness, Business) which is highly believed to be the Hyatt Rengecy. Using the same code above nets you down to $90/nite.

Both seem like viable option for just a bit more... and i have a person disliking for 'opaque' Boutique hotels... buyer beware unless you can figure out the property beforehand (just my .02).

If either of the above work for your needs you could still try to beat it via Priceline using 4* bids and your still available re-bid zones. If you need more specific hotel let us know which one of the above you'd prefer and we'll provide more detailed bidding instructions.

Let us know what you decide.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have never hotwired before, so I need a little help figuring out the hotels...

Here is the description on the 4* offered at $87 for Aug 23-27.

North Michigan Avenue - Water Tower - Gold Coast (Downtown Areas) -

4*Customer Favorite!

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center.

Sorry your last thread got diverted by another user's win... i hae separated your previous posts for this stay and merged them with this current stay.

The hotel you are now seeing on Hotwire is a match for both the Westin and the Omni Ambassador East... so either one of those would be our best guess as to this hotel's identity.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I feel like I got a great deal, even if it not right in the heart of things.

Here is the bid history

3* $55 MM/Loop 8/23-26- rejected

3* $60 MM/Loop and NMA 8/23-26- rejected

3* $61 MM/Loop and NMA and Skokie- accepted at Boutique Level-Omni Ambassador East

After much coaching from this site, I felt that this was probably the hotel I would end up with in my price range (under $80 dollars). I'll let you all know how it goes!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]