Priceline Hotel: I want the Venetian

cjb8868
By cjb8868,
in

I am going to be in Vegas the nights of 8/12/05 and 8/13/05. I definitely want to stay at the Venetian. The best rate I have found is about $600 for the two nights. I am trying not to spend more than $450. I noticed that the Venetian is the only 5 star hotel in Vegas listed on Priceline. Does this mean that if I bid on Priceline and specify that I want a 5 star hotel on the strip, I am either going to get the Ventian or nothing? Any suggestions on how to get the Venetian for under $450 on the nights specified above, would be greatly appreciated.

I noticed that the Venetian is the only 5 star hotel in Vegas listed on Priceline. Does this mean that if I bid on Priceline and specify that I want a 5 star hotel on the strip, I am either going to get the Ventian or nothing?

Yes, the Venetian historically has been the only 5 star hotel consistently available through Priceline. From what I've read I think Bellagio came up 1-2 times a few months back...the only time it made an appearance. So yes, pretty much you will get the Venetian or nothing at all.

This is how it can be done:

8/12

Book the Venetian directly thru their website for $199 (this is cancellable up to 72 hours before check-in date)

8/13

Book the Venetian HERE for $291/nite

You'll now have two reservations for a continuos stay for under $500.

Once that is done, you can then, if you choose, try to beat the rate on 8/12 thru Priceline (and if successful cancel your $199 that you booked directly)

The other day when i looked the 8/12 rate was $219, so i would book all of the above ASAP in order to lock it in, and you can then cancel/re-book if rates get cheaper.

If you choose the above and then wish to try Priceline in an attempt to get a better deal, let us know and we'll suggest a strategy to use.

Let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]