Priceline Hotel: 3* St. Louis (Downtown) Millennium Hotel

nsxtasy
By nsxtasy,
in

I'm bumping this topic because I'm in a similar situation, and I'm not having a lot of luck. I'm trying to get a room in downtown St. Louis July 23-26. I've been rejected on Priceline bidding $52 for a 4* and $50 for a 3.5*. I don't want to go higher than that because I'm trying to keep the hotel cost with taxes/fees under $200 for the three nights. I'm disappointed because I've seen several reports here of people getting 4* places downtown for $43 or so per night, but those rates are obviously not available for the dates I need. (I tried bidding for two of the three nights and that didn't help, either.) I don't want to bid on a 3* because, as noted above, I'm likely to get stuck with the Millennium, whose reviews are indeed truly awful. Obviously I can keep bidding downtown, either bidding higher (which I would prefer not to do), or hoping that something will open up, perhaps at the last minute, but that's a risky strategy.

I won't have a car, so I'd like to stay close to a Metrolink station to make getting around easier. At the moment I've got a confirmed res at a highly-reviewed hotel within walking distance of a Metrolink station on the IL side of the river that keeps my total cost under $150, but I'd be spending time and money for the Metrolink, so it's not as convenient as staying downtown within walking distance (and Google tells me the walking area is iffy). I'd consider bidding on something in Forest Park-Clayton but not all the hotels there are near Metrolink (the ones right off I-44 are not).

I'm open to any suggestions that anyone has. TIA!

I needed a hotel downtown and didn't want to pay a lot of money. I've read the bad reviews about this hotel (really bad), so I knew in advance that this was probably where I would wind up. I was willing to pay a bit more for a 3.5-4.0 star, but not enough to make it happen, so I broke down and bid on 3*.

As noted in the title, my bid for $41/night for a 3* hotel downtown was accepted for the Millennium. Oh well, the location is convenient (especially since I'm going to several games at Busch Stadium) and the price is right.

Here are other bids I submitted that were NOT accepted:

$52 for 4* for St. Louis (Downtown)

$50 for 3.5* for St. Louis (Downtown)

$40 for 3* for St. Louis (Downtown)

$40 for 2.5* for St. Louis (Downtown)

$35 for 2* for St. Louis (Downtown)

I knew I was close with the $40 bid for 3* when it told me it would give me a one-time offer to allow me to rebid for $47. So instead of taking that offer, I used a "free rebid" for $41 by combining downtown with another area that didn't have a 3* in it.

I'll try to post a review after my stay.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]