Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlanta (Perimeter) Atlanta Perimeter Hotel And Suites

Jeff S
By Jeff S,
in

I have spent hours the past couple of days bidding on hotels in the Atlanta area, focused on Buckhead, Perimeter, Midtown, Downtown for a 4 star hotel. Seems there is some large event in the Atlanta area and pretty much nothing available at a decent deal for the second night of my trip, Monday the 16th. I checked several of the hotels listed as 4 star are their direct websites and they show no availability on the 16th. So I decided to downgrade...

Ended up bidding via the PRICELINE link on Better Bidding for a 3.5 star. Worked my way up from $70 including areas mentioned above. Finally got the Atlanta Perimeter Hotel & Suites at $79 per night.

I am interested to see how the hotel is as most of the recent reviews on sites like Priceline or Tripadvisor for this property have been horrible.

Shortly after winning the bid, I checked the reviews on both Priceline and Tripadvisor. There have been a tremendous amount of negative reviews on this property complaining both of uncleanliness and also of construction noise. Many of the reviews mention that the hotel is not worthy of its 3.5 star rating. I decided to use the Priceline chat feature just to ask if there is a remedy for this if I arrive and find the reviews to be true. The customer service person I was chatting with was extremely helpful and called the hotel while we were chatting, confirming the construction. They then requested that I call into speak with the Customer Relations department. End result is the hotel did confirm that there will be construction going on for the next several months. Priceline recommended that I re-book through their website and offered to cancel the reservation with no penalty fee.

They did recommend that I stay away from bidding for a 3.5 star hotel in the Perimeter area because this hotel would not be removed from being bid on and I would in fact win it again.

Just thought this would be helpful for anyone else heading to Atlanta in the coming months and possibly bidding this area and star rating.

Thanks for the additional info... and glad to hear that PRICELINE was willing to cancel the reservation.

If you need help booking a replacement property for this trip feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]