Priceline Hotel: 3* Hotel in Venice beach, marina del ray for July 16-23

Halifax
By Halifax,
in

I'm new to the site but looking for suggestions on the best way to bid for a hotel in the Venice beach area. I'm looking for a 3* or up and was hoping to pay between $100 (or less) to $125. I have bid twice already at $100 and $110 and both were rejected. Any suggestions?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately rates are very high for these dates and at current prices i think a 3* hotel at $125 or less may not be in the cards... what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable property thru traditional booking channels? (try our BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com to assist in your search)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It seems like most are retailing around $250-350 for a 3*+ in that area. I had been looking at other Peoples responses on here that have said they have found hotels for about $100 per night. Is it just the time of year or would waiting a little longer help at all. I know that prices aren't always guaranteed to go down though.

Rates are date specific so you won't always be able to replicate the winning bids of others that have been reported to the board if rates for your dates are higher then when others have won for less.

I think the issue is the time of year as well as the length of your stay... to win a complete week you need a hotel to be offering discounted rated for the entire length of your stay; if even just one day there is no inventory offered to the opaque suppliers, then that hotel is not eligible to be won.

Given the retail rates you're seeing, what is your maximum bid for this stay? Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your suggestions and I have split up our stay. We are actually staying in LA from 16-23 and then again from the 25-27 and staying San diego in between. I decided to split the LA - Santa Monica trip into 16-20 and then 20-23 and so far have no had any luck.

For the 16th to the 20th I have bid for a 3.5* at $128 and $152 and a 4* at $161 and $176 and all have been rejected.

For the 20th to the 23rd I have bid for a 3.5* at $137 and a 4* at $164 and $178 and all have been rejected

For the 25th to the 27th I bid a 4* at $176 and was rejected as well.

I'm hoping to get the 16th to the 20th in a cheaper likely 3 or 3.5* hotel and if that is the case I'll be more likely to spend more money on the shorter periods of time later. So for that reason I'm hesitant to bid for a 3 or 3.5* for the later dates right now. As of now there is a 4* on hotwire for $270 that from these forums I have figured is likely either the Ritz Carlton or, more likely, the Shore hotel.

I'll post my success once it happens.

Did you choose those SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID dates randomly, by retail prices for those dates, or do you need to be any specific location during these dates? (or is this a complete leisure trip and you have no plans and are flexible)

I chose the dates somewhat based on what I have seen for retail values but I also assumed that Monday - Friday would be a common timeframe as would Friday to Monday for hotel chains.

I have to be in the LA area from Monday the 16th to Monday the 23rd then back again on Wednesday the 25th until Friday the 27th.

My dates are somewhat flexible but I would rather check out on either Thursday or Friday. Since then I have tried bidding from Monday to Thursday and have gone as high as $181 for a 3* but still have not had anything accepted.

Try using MAPS and HOTELS.com as you can UNcheck the star levels you won't accept, then sort by price and easily see what hotels are in the area(s) you're willing to accept and how much more/less it will cost for you to go up/down in star rating or stay further away from your first choice of location (given the small geographic area you're looking at i'd search at MAPS and HOTELS.com with only a 1 or 3 mile radius... and you use a specific address if you'd like to use that as a 'search from' center point)

Anything offered in/close to your budget?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]