Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette Hotel

Seven76
By Seven76,
in

This was my first time doing this and I was too anxious to wait for help on a strategy. Please tell me if I could have done anything different. Thanks.

My preferred zone was the French Quarter (zone 3) for no more than $70 per night.

Bid#1 - zones 3 & 4 for $55 - REJECTED

Bid#2 - zones 3, 4, &5 for $60 - REJECTED

Bid#3 - zones 3, 4, 5, & 7 for $65 - REJECTED

Bid#4 - zones 3, 4, 5, 7, &8 for $70 - REJECTED

Got frustrated and closed the browser. Started a whole new bid process with zone 2 (downtown) as my second preferred. All these zones are pretty close to one another so it's not too bad.

Bid#1 - zones 2 & 4 for $55 - REJECTED but was given an offer. It said that I would be likely to have my bid accepted if I increased it by anywhere from $13 - $68. I tried to pop in $63 but it said I had to do at least $68. I went ahead and did $68 for zones 2 & 4 and it was accepted. This hotel seems okay I just dont know if I could have done better. If anyone has any feedback for my approach, please let me know. Thanks for your help and this wonderful site! I booked it off your PRICELINE link too. :D

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

Rooms at this property are somewhat small but it has a GREAT location... it's close to the French Quarter that you don't need to think twice about heading there or having it be too much of a walk, but it's also not in the Quarter so you don't get much of the drunken screaming and yellling in the middle of the nite.

One things you could have done differently was when given the counter-offer (to increase to $68) you could have used re-bid zones instead and bid in smaller increments which you were trying to do. If you're not familiar with re-bidding see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (and if you're new to the concept it's highly recommended that you confirm your re-bid zones and/or ask for help before bidding)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes the rooms were smaller, but we did enjoy the location. It was great for a family and we didn't have to deal with too many drunks (I did have to call security but they handled it and it certainly wasn't their fault).

Looking back on the bidding, since they gave me a counter-offer of increasing by $13 (to $68), I should have just assumed it would have been accepted at that price. I think next time I will decline and use the re-bid zones and still try to get lower. At least I know that they will probably accept at the counter-offer amount. This is too much fun! We will be doing this trip again within the next month so I will have the chance to do this over. Thanks so much for this fun website. I just wish I had found this sooner! :wub:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]