Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Sofitel Chicago Water Tower

BenD188
By BenD188,
in

I've never been to Chicago before, but am going on a trip with my girlfriend for our anniversary. I'm not really sure where to stay, so I'm pretty much open.

I know we will check out Navy Pier, and some of the sights like the skydeck and the aquarium (Getting the CityPass). Also need to try some Chicago pizza. I am here to seek help in identifying this hotel.

I was looking for around $100 a night, but at a decent place.

Dates July 3rd - July 5th

Chicago Loop - Theater District area hotel Back to search results

4 Stars

Recommended by 95% of Hotwire

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the Blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible Bathroom

Roll-in Shower

Thanks for any help!

Also, would this be a good area to stay in for doing touristy things including shopping and such? I've also read that I may need to park at Navy Pier and just get a CTA Pass. Neither of us have been to Chicago, so I'm just winging it for now. Looking for ideas of the right place to stay / things to do.

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Anniversary. :)

If you scroll over "see all" next to the amenities, do you see more amenities than the above? If so, please reply with the complete set, as well as the price per night before taxes/fees in USD$.

The Loop area is closer to museums and has some shopping and restaurants, but a lot of it is offices and once the offices let out, parts of the area get quiet as it gets later. If you are looking for more restaurants/nightlife, I'd say North of the river (Mag Mile - River North or further North in the Mag Mile North - Water Tower area)

Additionally, I'd recommend against Navy Pier - it has very nice views, but not a lot else to recommend. If you go to the Aquarium, I'd definitely go first thing - it gets crowded in the Summer and it's not as enjoyable when it's jammed. I'd rather suggest the Zoo (free), and browsing through the shops and restaurants of the Lincoln Park/Old Town areas.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Welcome to Betterbidding and Happy Anniversary. :)

If you scroll over "see all" next to the amenities, do you see more amenities than the above? If so, please reply with the complete set, as well as the price per night before taxes/fees in USD$.

The Loop area is closer to museums and has some shopping and restaurants, but a lot of it is offices and once the offices let out, parts of the area get quiet as it gets later. If you are looking for more restaurants/nightlife, I'd say North of the river (Mag Mile - River North or further North in the Mag Mile North - Water Tower area)

Additionally, I'd recommend against Navy Pier - it has very nice views, but not a lot else to recommend. If you go to the Aquarium, I'd definitely go first thing - it gets crowded in the Summer and it's not as enjoyable when it's jammed. I'd rather suggest the Zoo (free), and browsing through the shops and restaurants of the Lincoln Park/Old Town areas.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry, I forgot to add the price. Yesterday it was $94/night, today it's $95/night. I did include all of the amenities in the extended selection.

I may look into other areas like you suggested, I was just wondering if there was a way to pin what hotel this might be. It does say 95% of people recommend this, so I was thinking it might be a better hotel than some of the ones where 80% recommend it. I did see a couple in those areas that were 4 stars, but only 75% of people recommend them.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry, I forgot to add the price. Yesterday it was $94/night, today it's $95/night. I did include all of the amenities in the extended selection.

I may look into other areas like you suggested, I was just wondering if there was a way to pin what hotel this might be. It does say 95% of people recommend this, so I was thinking it might be a better hotel than some of the ones where 80% recommend it. I did see a couple in those areas that were 4 stars, but only 75% of people recommend them.

Aaron's the expert, but I would give huge odds that your 4* is The Wit. (One of the reviews mentions the quirky "nature sounds" in the halls.)

For your dates I see what appears to be the Sofitel, and also the Inter-Continental. So I'd say you have three very good options -- just take a look at TripAdvisor and the hotel web sites to see which one suits you, as they are very different sorts of hotels, and you cover the three main zones.

The 4* Loop would be a possible new amenity set for the newer Wit, which would be a good option as the Loop area goes as it's near the top (north) end of the zone, which would be a walk to nightlife in River North, but - if in fact the Wit - that's a much shorter walk than a number of other properties in the zone. I'm also seeing what appears to be the Sutton Place for $98 in the Gold Coast zone, although that starts to get a little too far North in the Gold Coast neighborhood.

I'm also seeing a 4.5* Mag Mile North-Water Tower w/Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Which would be a possible match for the Sofitel or Omni - I'd lean towards the former, but the latter may be a possibility.

The Intercontinental is a very nice property, although I think some of the other choices for similar prices during these dates are more interesting. The potential Wit or Omni/Sofitel would be - I think - the most interesting.

Thanks, I went with the following, and it was in fact the Sofitel. I've never been there before, the reviews look good.

4.5* Mag Mile North-Water Tower w/Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

4.5* Mag Mile North-Water Tower w/Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Congrats on your success. :)

This is a tremendous deal for this well-located property and it's a perfect choice for an anniversary stay. Very nice area off Michigan Ave and an easy walk to the Gold Coast (and not a bad walk at all up to the zoo if you're up for a somewhat longer stroll.) If you have any city questions, please let us know (and if you need suggestions, please let us know likes/dislikes.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]