Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia - Rittenhouse / Center City (07/20 - 07/22)

ajd6c8
By ajd6c8,
in

I've generally had good luck in other cities waiting until the week of my stay, but I noticed that 4* rates are fairly cheap right now on Priceline. I'm wondering if now is a good time to bid. List prices for areas I'd consider are:

Sofitel - 160*

Omni - 160

Marriott - 180*

Loews - 180*

Hyatt Penn Landing - 185

Hyatt Bellevue - 190*

Sheraton - 200

Le Meridien - 205*

Westin - 230*

Palomar - 250*

Asterisks indicate my preference towards Center City rather than Independence Park.

It looks like success is all over the board for June/July based on posts on this board. $60-$110/night. I don't have a budget just don't want to leave money on the table. Any advice is appreciated. Thx.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread with the zones (by PRICELINE name) you're willing to accept and we'll have a look at your post above.

Also, are you willing to pay more to stay in one zone vs. another OR is your goal for this stay the least expensive 4* or better in any of your acceptable zones?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, did that. The areas I am shooting for are 4* in Philadelphia (Convention Center - Mid Center City) or Philadelphia (Rittenhouse Square - Business District). I think either will be fine for my purposes. A backup area would be Philadelphia (Historic District - Penns Landing), but it doesn't seem like the prices there are any cheaper so I'm hoping I don't have to settle for that. Thanks.

A backup area would be Philadelphia (Historic District - Penns Landing), but it doesn't seem like the prices there are any cheaper so I'm hoping I don't have to settle for that.

If this zone is as equally acceptable as the others, then you should include it in a bidding strategy as the worst case scenario is that you get additional bidding from it... best case scenario is that you get accepted here at a price even less than you thought possible. Of course of this zone is a distant third choice and you prefer the other two zones, then i would start with only the other two zones.

Given the best price above of $160/nite, how much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (non-refundable and not choosing your hotel) worthwhile OR before you would want to consider adding a nearby zone (if you're only bidding two of the zones to start) or lowering your star rating or taking the 'known' hotel by booking direct? You can then use this amount to determine your maximum bid ;) We will of course start lower and work our way up, but as a guesstimate i'd think you're likely looking at the $110-$130 area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]