Priceline Hotel: Boston In September

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

Seen as I am doing Chicago in August again, I still want to visit Boston for a weekend. And WWE is holding a Pay Per View on Sunday September 16th. I am looking at Saturday Sept 15th and leaving to go back to Toronto Tue Sept 18th.

Porter Airlines here has a big seat sale and the flight would only cost me $214 with all taxes. I would like to see though how much the hotels might be. The event is being held at the TD Bank Garden. Thanks guys

You can use the BiddingHelper.com to search both HOTWIRE and Hotels.com to see what rates look like for these dates and use this as a 'worst case scenario'. However, keep in mind that rates could always go up between now and the time you're ready to commit to a non-refundable purchase

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know when/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't realize Boston was expensive in the mid Fall and late Fall like the summer. I figured going late octoner or early November would see rates fall but seems the cheapest I have seen is $140 a night at Copley House, $435 total for 3 nights which is just a bit too much for my budget. Is Boston a high tourist city all year round? I was hoping for maybe $100 a night but that might be pushing it? I was wanting to book a 3 night stay with Porter Airlines here in Toronto having a steal of a seat sale til this Friday. I will keep looking but unless I stay outside the city, which I do not want to bother having to rent a car, then possibly mighr wait until mid winter in January.

Not sure what Priceline will end up giving me, but looking at Hotwire, Priceline's Rates, Expedia and Hotels.com it seems the rates are quite high for this time of year, or is it because I am looking now? I was hoping for something around $100 being it is not spring or summer, but the rates seem to be really no different than summer rates. Is Boston more or less an popular destination all year round? Was hoping to catch a Bruins game..hmm. Any suggestions? I had looked at Sept originally but tossed that idea aside and thought later into fall.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread (no need to post the same trip in both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... we'll move the thread to the 'other' forum if that service is ultimately used)

Would these new dates replace above your Priceline Boston trip for September?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had decided to move my dates to these two and look at rates. I might wait until mid winter then and go see a Bruins and Celtics games. Was hoping to do fall but the rates are really high so I am going to keep searching in late October and all of Nov. I will play around with dates seen as these two didn't fare well for me.

You can keep all posts for your 'next Boston trip' in this thread rather than start a new topic each time, this will minimize the number of orphaned threads without any conclusion that 'just didn't work out' and help keep the board better organized.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Dates are set, flight is booked Friday November 16th-Monday November 19th.

Will be attending the Celtics game on Sat Nov 17th, "if there is no NHL Lockout" will attend the Bruins game Sat Nov 17th and will attend the Patriots game Sun Nov 18th. Need info on hotel. Where would be best to stay, what the possible rates would be say for a 4 star. When would be the best time to bid for a hotel?

Thanks guys in advance.

Good call -- definitely take the train to the Pats game. Although the stadium is excellent, the traffic after and before the game is a nightmare.

The Onyx, which I think someone won very recently, is right near the Garden, but I believe it is rarely won. There is a Holiday Inn adjacent, maybe even connected? but I don't think it ever appears on PRICELINE. The Garden is not a great area for hotels, and it's probably not worth worrying about, but I suppose Beacon Hill is the zone with the closest hotels. In any case, the Garden is a stop on the Green Line and although it will be crowded when the games let out, it's quite do-able, so any downtown zone will be fine.

You could try putting your dates and 'Boston' into the HOTWIRE field at the upper left of this page and get some idea of prices. It's apt to be cheaper than summer or early fall, but Boston prices don't really come down until winter -- at least that's been true in the past.

... so any downtown zone will be fine.

Canada2012,

Based upon the above, are the Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley Square and Quincy Market zones all acceptable?

What is your desired star rating and maximum bid price?

...I need a bit of input on what is good...

Above i mentioned the most frequently bid zones which work well for the average user, and another member local to the area mentioned that anything in Downtown would likely work well for your needs.

...what rates I might be looking at.

What is your target budget and what star rating are you seeking?

• 2 weeks later...

OK decided to try and bid for my room. No luck yet.

Boston Common 4*

Bid-$85--rejected

Bid-$88--added Beacon Hill--rejected

Bid-$90--added Copley Square--rejected

Bid-$95--added Quincy Market--rejected

Bid-$100--added Harbour Front--rejected

Will try again with a 3.5 star tomorrow. Wanted to start with a 4 star and see what I could possibly get. Just didn't have enough time to do it all again today with 3.5 star.

What is your target budget and what star rating are you seeking?

If you let us know the above we will suggest a strategy for you to follow, as your current bidding risks an overbid in the zones you add later in the cycle.

Well seen as I am attending two, possibly three events if there is no NHL Lockout, for that weekend the least expensive, but decent hotel would be fine. I will hardly be in the room with Saturday being two events attended back to back and then Sunday out at the Patriots football game. Let me know what I might have to bid for a 4*, 3.5* and 3* that is decent. I just do not want to have to spend $150 a night for 3 nights when I am spending about that for each ticket to the events. BUT if I have to then I will, just would like to find a clean, decent, well located hotel.

Let me know what I might have to bid for a 4*, 3.5* and 3* that is decent.

In theory all hotels within the same star level should be of the same quality, although in reality this isn't necessarily the case (although at the very least all hotel room should be 'clean'). Given we don't know the actual hotel you will receive, it's hard to say what you would consider to be 'decent'.

However, in terms of star ratings i think you're looking at:

4* $180-$200

3.5* $140-$160

3* $135-$155

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Wow for November those are some high rates, I might see if I can cut my trip back to two days instead of three with those rates. If I can get something for $130 then I will be happy, but really $155+ is a bit out of my price range. If all else fails I will cancel this trip, use the airline credit for Chicago or somewhere else. Being I am travelling solo, the cost for 3 nights/days and the airfare really leaves me with no fun as I will have to watch how much I spend. Adding in the event tickets too. Glad I found this out now. I was thinking I could get a good deal for max $110 being it is November.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]