Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Philadelphia (City Center East - Old City) Doubletree

crito
By crito,
in

Hi,

Can anyone help identify these hotels in Philadelphia? I searched for 6/29 – 7/1, for two adults + one child (I want two beds). I got TripAdvisor ratings for each one, so that should help with the ID.

Center City West

4* $104

TripAdvisor 4.5

Smoke Free

Business

Free Internet

Fitness

Internet

In-room Accessibility

Restaurant

Accessible Bath

Accessible for Deaf

3* $102

TripAdvisor 4.0

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Kitchenette

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Center City East

3.5* $91

TripAdvisor 4.0

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant(s)

Business

Internet

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Free Internet

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

In the West zone my best guess for the 4* would be the Hilton Inn at Penn, Westin or the Sofitel... my guess for the 3* would be the Windsor Suites.

I'm not currently seeing the 3.5* property in the East zone when searching HOTWIRE for your dates, are you still seeing this offer on your own HOTWIRE search?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yeah, the Hilton Inn at Penn, I bet that's it. (One of the reviews resembles a TripAdvisor review of the Inn.)

No, that 3.5* in East isn't showing anymore. Now I see one for $82 with no TripAd rating and these amenities: {Edit: I do see a TripAd rating, it's 4.0 -- I think I just missed it looking the first time. What could this be? I don't see any Hotwire wins for this area 3.5* with a pool.}

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Internet

Roll-in shower

Hm, the Hilton sounds good but I would rather be east of the river. I'll probably go for the 4*, same price as that 3*... although the Windsor also gets good reviews.

Anyway I'll use your link, for sure (I've used it for my searches).

Best guess for the 3.5* would be the Doubletree... with distant 2nd/3rd possibilities Courtyard Downtown or the Hilton Garden Inn City Center.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, thereuare. I booked that one, and it is indeed the Doubletree. I'm pretty happy -- the location is a lot better than the 4* Hilton Inn, and that 4* price jumped overnight so I'm saving a lot of money, and this Doubletree has a nice-looking pool (I'm traveling with one of my kids so that's important). And, of course, the cookies :D I don't think I would have had the confidence to book it without your advice, so once again Better Bidding gets credit for my success.

One possible issue:

the Doubletree seems to charge $9.95 for in-room internet, but HOTWIRE had the Free Internet icon up. Has anyone had this problem before? I've emailed a query to Hotwire Express; I'll report back on what happens.

Oh, and I did use your HOTWIRE link to book, of course.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the deal.

Regarding internet, being so new it's possible that the 'free internet' is a mistake, for which HOTWIRE will likely offer 'hot Dollars' (in the amount of the total cost of internet use during your stay) to use on a future purchase, but usually the issue is that internet is free in the business center/lobby, which qualifies for the 'free internet' amenity listing (it doesn't stipulate that internet is necessarily free in the room... only that free internet is available)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

No, actually, the Free Internet icon does say that the hotel "offers free internet access in all rooms". Still, I bet you are right about the explanation.

I got a confused response from Hotwire Express by email, so I will try again and if that doesn't work I'll phone them.

Short answer: I got 50 hot Dollars. So, excellent outcome, (since I will definitely use them).

Maybe I'll post something a little longer and more helpful in "Questions and Suggestions" or "Run of the House" or "Hotwire Tricks and Tips" (which seems most appropriate?).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]