Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - River North) James Hotel

mikki
By mikki,
in

I'm looking for 2 adults, 0 children in the magnificent mile area of Chicago for an extended weekend/business trip July 6 - 10. The business conference is Monday & Tuesday, but we would like to arrive in Chicago Friday night for some weekend fun before business. The conference is at the Hyatt on Wacker --- walking distance would be nice but not necessary. It appears Hotwire has changed the amenities list a bit since I last searched. I'm having more difficulty identifying properties. :(

Here is what I see:

Mag Mile River North:

3.5 star, $126.00, Best Value, recommended in 90% hotwire reviews: Fitness Center, Business Center, Pool, High Speed Internet, Restaurant --- maybe the DoubleTree?

4 star, $142.00: Fitness Center, High Speed Internet, Accessible Path of Travel, Roll-in Shower, Business Center, Free Breakfast, In-Room Accessibility, Laundry Facilities (self service), Free Internet, Accessible Bathroom

3 star, $108: Fitness Center, In-Room Accessibility, Business Center, Roll-In Shower, High Speed Internet

Mag Mile Water Tower Area:

4 star, $127.00: Boutique, Restaurant, Golf, Accessible Path of Travel, Roll-In Shower, Smoke-Free Rooms, Business Center, Accessible for the Blind, In-room accessibility, Fitness Center, High Speed Internet, Accessible for the deaf, accessible bathroom

3 star, $100.00: Business Center, Accessible for the deaf, in room accessibility, Roll-In Shower, HIgh Speed Internet, Free Breakfast, Accessible Bathroom, Accessible for the Blind, Accessible Path of Travel, Handicapped Parking

3.5 star, $160, recommended 90% of hotwire reviews: Smoke Free Rooms , Fitness Center , Pool(s) , Restaurant(s) , Business Center , High-Speed Internet Access , Tennis Nearby , Accessible for the blind , Accessible for the deaf , Accessible path of travel , In-room accessibility , Accessible bathroom , Handicapped parking , Roll-in shower

Gold Coast:

4 star, $160, recommended by 90% of hotwire reviews: Smoke Free Rooms , Fitness Center , Pool(s) , Restaurant(s) , Business Center , High-Speed Internet Access , Tennis Nearby , Accessible for the blind , Accessible for the deaf , Accessible path of travel , In-room accessibility , Accessible bathroom , Handicapped parking , Roll-in shower

Can anyone help me identify these and/or offer recommendations on which to choose for a fun weekend without the kids?? Thanks!

I'm seeing a different 4* in the Gold Coast area; are you still seeing a listing with this amenity set?

3.5* Mag Mile-River North - likely the Doubletree.

4* Mag Mile-River North - this hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but my guess is that this may be an upgraded Amalfi.

3* Mag Mile - River North this could be a few different properties, including the HI Mart Plaza, Four Points or Inn of Chicago.

4* Mag Mile - Water Tower - this would be a possible match for the Whitehall

3.5* Water Tower - this hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board - I'd guess maybe a downgraded Avenue.

3* WT - This property has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board - I'd guess possibly the Fairfield

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the reply. :)

I agree that the 126.00 3.5 star is likely the DoubleTree. There is now a 4.5 star option at 150.00 showing for Chicago River North area that is likely the Intercontinental given the amenities shown. Since the conference is at the Hyatt on Wacker we have decided that we do prefer the River North location. (There are no Grant Park options showing at all)

Is the InterContinental worth the extra 24/night? I know it's only a couple blocks north of the Hyatt. Do you have any experience with either the DoubleTree Chicago or The InterContinental? It just seems there aren't many 'bargains' showing right now... got the W a couple years ago for 76.00 and loved that.

(Thanks for reminding me to begin the search from the link on this site. I forgot on the initial search, but I made sure to do it this time to recheck what is showing. :) )

I just did another quick search -- looks like the James Hotel is popping up now for the 4.5 star option at 121/night.

Chicago River North: 4.5 star, 121/night -- fitness, laundry, spa, high speed internet, restaurant, business center, free internet

What I think is the James Hotel is now showing at 123.00 per night. The full amenity list is:

Fitness Center, Laundry, Accessible for the Blind, Accessible Path of Travel, Handicapped Parking, Restaurant, High speed internet, accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Roll-In shower, Business Center, Spa Services, Free Internet, Accessible Bathroom

(Do you recommend one over the other - InterContinental vs James? The InterContinental showed up again earlier today, but at a higher price (180 something, ouch!). The James has only gone up a couple of dollars to 123 now. Maybe we should act quickly??)

As always, thanks for the help! This truly is a great service offered -- mega kudos! :)

I've noticed that the hotwire hotel list has not been updated to include the 'accessibility' amenities that were included with the James listing this time (as well as the InterContinental that appeared previously). Should the list be updated to include an amenity set with these options?

I've noticed that the hotwire hotel list has not been updated to include the 'accessibility' amenities that were included with the James...

Sometimes we miss one (or two ;) ) so thanks for letting us know, i've updated the listing for the James to include the new amenity combination.

...(as well as the InterContinental that appeared previously).

Was there a 'confirmed' win with accessibility options for the InterContinental? We only update the list when the new amenity set is confirmed with a purchase, can you link to the thread you saw with the purchase you're referring to, as the last win i saw for the InterContinental was at the beginning of May, before HOTWIRE started to list the accessible amenities.

Thanks again!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]