Hotwire Hotel: Hilton Edinburgh Airport (4 star), August 7, 2012, $165.72

curiousx
By curiousx,
in

I just used the Better Bidding HOTWIRE link to get a great deal on the Edinburgh Airport Hilton. I booked two rooms at $165.72CAD each. I used the Hotwire hot Rates function where the hotel name is revealed instead of being opaque. By comparison, the best rate I could find on the Hilton website for this date was 153GBP per room!

By comparison, there was a listing for a 4-star hotel under the opaque function at $146.78CAD with these icons: indoor pools, shuttle, fitness centre, pool, restaurant, business centre, high speed internet, self-service laundry, golf nearby, spa, accessible path of travel, in-room accessibility, accessible bathroom, handicapped parking, roll-in shower. I thought it might be the Hilton, but the 'golf nearby' makes me think it is more likely the Dalmahoy Resort (Marriott) though that's just a guess.

Thanks for the great support this website gives to travellers.

Rates are date specific, so you can't really compare rates for Aug 7 to rates that are available Aug 27... seems like you were happy with the $165 rate for Aug 7... look at the lower rate for 8/27 as an additional gift ;) (if i'm misread your post and your original purchase has gotten cheaper, HOTWIRE does have a Best Rate Guarantee you could try to get a refund for the difference of the price you paid vs. the current price (dates and occupancy need to be the same for the room you booked and the better price you found)

Thanks for sharing and using the HOTWIRE links on the board for your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]