CA San Francisco Omni USE

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

We are Bay Area locals who frequently stay overnight in SF whenever we attend theater events, etc.

I've always wanted to "land" the Omni on Priceline, however it's tough given all the other 4 star properties in the USE zone. But after a long time, we finally got lucky.

We booked two rooms for our party. We checked in about 1:00pm only to find one room was ready, the other not. It turns out the hotel had noticed both rooms under my name, and were automatically trying to assign adjoining rooms. I explained that although I appreciated their taking the iniative to assign us adjoining rooms, it wasn't necessary. With that said, they promptly assigned the 2nd room on a different floor. We were assigned a room on the 10th floor, with our friends on the 15th.

We proceeded to our respective rooms. Before we could hardly set our bags down, our friends from the 15th floor came down to our room and reported theirs was still being made up. Beds completely unmade, with the hotel maid still working in the room. I called down to the front desk, and they apologized with instructions to return for keys to a different room. New room assignement now to the 17th floor.

We got settled and immediatly noticed the Omni has great rooms! The beds are very, very comfortable, along with high quality sheets and comforters. Also draperies in the room, as well as the bathroom, are very decorative and of high quality. The bathrooms are beautiful with their marble floors and deep bathtubs.

One perk that shouldn't go unnoticed is complimentary wireless Internet throughout the hotel. In addition, the hotel has a small business center off the lobby with complimentary access to two computers.

Upon returning to the hotel after Midnite, our friends discovered a bottle of wine, chocolates and a handwritten note of apology from the Front Desk Manager for the inconvenience earlier in the day at check-in. The whole incident of being assigned a dirty room took all of ten minutes to correct. In other words, no big deal. But quite obviously, customer service is taken seriously at this hotel and they felt the need to make ammends. A very nice, albeit impressive gesture.

Next morning we decided to have breakfast in the hotel's one and only restaurant, Bob's Steak & Chop House. We were somewhat surprised by the very limited breakfast menu. No eggs benedict, no waffles and/or pancakes. We were especially surprised by the lack of waffles on the menu since they were offered on the room service menu! I asked the waiter if they had eggs benedict, but his response was "I don't normally work breakfast, so if it's not on the menu, I doubt it." With that, I stuck with the regular "All American" breakfast. You know, standard bacon, eggs, potatoes & toast. All our breakfasts were very good with good service from the waiters and their assistants. Coffee cups and water glasses were kept filled. If we're lucky to stay here again, however, I wouldn't return for breakfast due to the limited menu. There are too many other great places to go within easy walking distance.

All in all, you can't go wrong with the Omni. It is a definite step up from the more generic Hyatts and Marriott within the USE zone, with the only exception being the Park Hyatt. I would rate the Park Hyatt just a tad above the Omni, only due to it's more extensive restaurant & lounge facilities. Comparing rooms, they are on par with one another.

• 4 years later...

We stayed there 5/16-18, 2010. This is a very nice hotel. Everything is well maintained. Even though I booked the hotel thru Priceline, I got an email to ask me for the Omni Select Guest number so that I can get credits for my stay. Since I'm an Omni Select Guest member, I got free drinks delivered to my room every morning for free. I also got free internet access. That is just incredible for downtown SFO 4 stars hotel. I cannot be more pleased.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]