Hotwire Hotel: Strip 5* Strategy - Am I going by this all wrong?

djdakine
By djdakine,
in

I already have a room at Flamingo 8/21-8/27 for $305. But i'm getting 8/21-8/24(5) comped at the Orleans.

So I thought maybe I should find a nicer 5 star for the weekend 8/24-8/27 to balance it out

I'd prefer 5* North, but would settle with South (hoping NOT to get VDARA).

8/24-8/27

So I was seeing:

Palazzo 135/night on Travelocity

5* NORTH 132/night on Hotwire

5* SOUTH 138/night on Hotwire

I bid $96 @ Priceline for 5/SOUTH, then added 5/NORTH and bid $103. Am I going by this right? I basically want to get under by $20-25 to offset the resort fee. I'm assuming I have a ton of time till AUGUST to bid/look for deals.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Are you familiar with, and using, your re-bid zones? If not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding (highly recommended if you're new to the concept, and should you lower your bidding to the 4* level, note that Summerlin is NOT a re-bid zones when bidding 4* in Vegas)

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* in the Strip North zone vs. the Strip South (in order to avoid the Vdara)... if so, how much more is a Strip North zone worth?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

oh thanks Thereuare ! Never thought about bidding in a zone that did not have a 5 star to get the extra bid. Guess I was always afraid to pick a zone too far from where I need to be and get stuck with a room.

Honestly, i'd rather avoid the south/5 completely and stay at wynn/encore/venetian/pallazo. I guess what I really was asking was like...If I can get a 5/North at Hotwire for $132/night - Should I really need to be bidding up to 127/night at priceline? I know $5 is still a savings. Or should I really be comparing my priceline bids with prices I see at Travelocity (135-148/night). Thus Hotwire & Priceline effectively being the same price?

edit:

so does that mean I can use the other 13 zones (except STRIP SOUTH/VDARA, and STRIP VICINITY NORTH/TRUMP) to add a bid, instead of waiting the 24 hours as long as I only want a 5 star?

When bidding 5* in Vegas you have ELEVEN re-bid zones.

With your best deal at HOTWIRE at $132/nite, how high are you willing to bid no PRICELINE for a 5* hotel? To pick a number, let's say $125, you could do something like this, using your ELEVEN re-bid zones:

Select 5* Strip North...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125

Does that make sense?

Let us know if you have any further questions and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you thereuare for holding my hand and walking me through it. I really need to RTFF/kinda ashamed because I skimmed/fast read it. After you explained it, and I re-read it...made sense. Not trying to make more work for you guys. will post my bid or hotwire buy should I get one thanks!

What is the the full list of amenities associated with the 5* Strip South property offered for your dates?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

... and please click each of the links above before replying.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]