Priceline Hotel: Shuttles/hotels for pre-cruise

joby
By joby,
in

We are taking a cruise from Port Liberty in October. We want to:

--fly into EWR 1 day precruise (Sunday- 10/16)

--light sightseeing NYC (Statue of Liberty, ground zero, ... on 10/16)

--back to hotel early evening (10/16)

--go to cruise pier (Monday -10/17)

--return to EWR on Saturday -10/29 for flight home

What is the best and least expensive way to do all of this?

There are 3 of us and luggage. Our Mom uses a wheelchair/cane to get around. All we want is a hotel that is clean and as inexpensive as possible and the best/cheapest/safest way to accomplish all of this.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Your post is not entirely clear... are you looking for a hotel with shuttle to/from the airport and pier?

If so, i don't think there are any. As well, cheaper options would be out by Newark Airport, but they're not really convenient for getting to the city, especially given the mobility of your mom.

What is your budget for your stay on 10/16 and we will advise accordingly as to your options.

As well, are you intending on one room for the three of you?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Yes, we are looking for a hotel that (hopefully has shuttles to/from pier AND airport. If not both shuttles then what would be the best/least expensive hotel option?

We all would stay in 1 room.

Our budget is unknown at this point. We really don't have any idea what a room with the shuttle(s) might cost.

We want clean, safe, convient and as inexpensive as possible.

It may be asking too much for all of that?

If the price and convience is more than we want to pay, I think we will just end up flying in on the cruise departure date of 10/17.

If we fly in to EWR on 10/17 (cruise departure date0, what would be the best most cost effective way to get to/from pier and back to airport upon our return?

Appreciate your help!

I don't think you're going to get what you're looking for...

The Bayonne cruise ship terminal is fairly new and not too many hotels are catering to it by offering shuttle service (as none of the hotels are that close to begin with).

Only hotels with free shuttle service around the airport are the airport hotels... and there is not much in the immediate area other than the airport and a shopping mall (and some good portuguese restaurants).

Taxi from EWR to the cruise port will run between $35-$55 depending upon if you book a company beforehand, call a taxi once you arrive, or use the taxi stand at EWR. There are a few not-so-convenient mass tranit/taxi combo options, but with your mom's mobility, i would take a taxi.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply again! It looks like we are going to fly in the day of the cruise now. Too expensive and too many logistics to deal with if we come the day before I think.

When you say "book a company beforehand" how do we do that? We want the least expensive and reliable way to/from EWR and pier.

I do appreciate your help! Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]