Hotwire Hotel: 3* Secaucus-Meadowlands 6/22-6/25

rainy days
By rainy days,
in

I'm a newbie so my apologies if I'm missing something. I currently have the following that I'm considering:

6/22-6/25

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s)

The listing also states free parking & free internet.

I'm not seeing anything on the list that looks like a possibility. Any ideas? Thanks.

(I've read my messages & am using the board link to HOTWIRE.)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for the welcome!
At HOTWIRE, if you click the 'See all' link under the amenities listed, do you see more than what you've included above?
I sure do! This is what I get --
3-star Hotel in Secaucus - Meadowlands

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Free Parking

Free Internet

Please refer to the welcome message in your INBOX and use the links on the board each time you search and before posting (to avoid delay in having your post answered)

Best guess for the property above is the Sheraton Meadowlands.

Are you using this as a 'NYC substitute' and most of your trip will be centered around Manhattan? If so, is your budget flexible at all? (if yes, what is your maximum bid for this trip?)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please refer to the welcome message in your INBOX and use the links on the board each time you search and before posting (to avoid delay in having your post answered)

Aha, got it.
Best guess for the property above is the Sheraton Meadowlands.
Hmmm... okay, thanks. Not what I was thinking, so glad that I asked.
Are you using this as a 'NYC substitute' and most of your trip will be centered around Manhattan? If so, is your budget flexible at all? (if yes, what is your maximum bid for this trip?)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Yes, using it as a Manhattan base, but prefer Hoboken area as we'll have a vehicle & I don't relish driving into Manhattan. I've explored the option of parking outside the city & commuting in for the weekend, but I'm not entirely sold on it, although I will of course if I can find a good enough deal. Max budget would be $200/night, including taxes, occupancy & parking.

Currently I have an unbeatable rate of $93/night (and no tax) at the Navy Lodge on Staten Island. It's not the most convenient, but we've stayed there in the past and it's decent, especially for the price. I'm guessing we'll stick with it, but I'm still on the lookout.

Thanks again.

From what direction are you driving in from? (i'm thinking along the lines of parking at a Park N Ride, taking the train into the city, staying for the long weekend, then take the train back to your car to start heading home)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Metropark Park n Ride has parking for $9 per 24 hours (train fare looks like ~$10/pp one way with the trip being 45-55 minutes). You could park there (or even further south if you can find a station with parking available and less driving time for you) and head into Manhattan and stay directly in the city (or still choose a location outside the city, like Jersey City-Hoboken) if you so desired, but rates in the city don't look too bad that i think something should be do-able within your budget.

Let us know your thoughts, and if looking to stay in Manhattan, what star rating and which zone(s) would you be interested in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Much appreciated!

If staying in the city, we're looking for 2 nights (Fri-Sat 22-24), preferably Midtown or Upper East/West. Anything 3* and up would work. I had a 4* a few minutes ago that I was about to bid on (4* Midtown Central) for $151 but it disappeared while I was hemming & hawing (lesson learned). We'll be in town for an event so the closer to Central Park, the better.

What looks like the Hotel Manhattan at Times Square is offered at $121/nite... the Empire Hotel for $135/nite... the Sheraton New York for $146/nite.

Thoughts on any of the above or would you prefer to bid on PRICELINE? If looking to bid, which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

I'll also add that since by staying in Manhattan you intend to cut your trip by one nite and depart on Sunday rather than the originally planned Monday... Sunday is typically the cheapest nite of the week in Manhattan (tourists are already heading home and business travelers haven't yet arrived) so if you are considering staying Sunday nite too it might be an inexpensive (relatively speaking, since it is NYC and nothing is outright 'cheap') to extend the trip an additional nite and relax a bit more.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

I'm not seeing any of those; I'm guessing because we will have two children with us, which it appears that I neglected to state previously, so sorry.

We would still be staying in the general area Sunday night regardless. Since we'd be leaving first thing Monday either way though to head home, my thought process was to get through the train portion of the trip the previous evening to try to cut an hour off of Monday's trip.

The one possibility that I am seeing, and I'm thinking I might just grab it now while the grabbing is good, appears to be the W Hoboken, which is nicely located for us and an incredible bargain to boot:

Star rating: 4-star

Check-in date: Fri, Jun 22

Check-out date: Mon, Jun 25

Rate per night: $139.00

Nights: 3

Rooms: 1

Trip total: $494.00

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Handicapped parking

This is my first time ever using Hotwire, so I'm scared of losing it should I wait too long, but any input anyone could share would be wonderful.

Thank you again for all of the help. We've decided ultimately to stay put where we are. The kicker for us was the close availability to the MWR office, where we can get information, coupons, free tickets occasionally, etc. We'll definitely use Hotwire in the future, however, now that I know how to use it.

I'd agree that this likely looks like the W Hoboken and that would be my best guess (and depending upon the age of your kids there is a very nice new park which has opened on the waterfront just in front of this hotel.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

EDIT TO ADD: i replied before seeing your last reply indicating that you were going to stay put. I do think you'll have a much better experience in Hoboken, but if you do ultimately decide to go to Staten Island, the pizza at this bar/restaurant is worth a stop (it's kid friendly):

Denino's Tavern

524 Port Richmond Ave

Staten Island, NY 10302

Then afterwards for dessert head across the street for some 'creamed ice' at Ralph's Ices.

Hello:

I am writing to seek your assistance - I am a new member and new to Hotwire/Priceline and am also looking at accomodation for 2 adults and a child in the Secaucus or Hoboken area for 25Jun to 28Jun.

Our main goal is to visit New York city and do the tourist rounds, visit Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Times Square, Empire State Building, etc. As we will be arriving by car, we are planning to stay (and park the car) in Secaucus or Hoboken and then travel to and from the city everyday, assuming that the we will have access to some kind of public transportation.

However, the prices you quoted below near Times Square and others do sound attractive. Do they charge extra for parking? I cannot find these on Hotwire... How do I get them?

3 Star should be good for us - we do not need much more than a clean no smoking room to sleep.

I am looking to book the 3Star Secaucus-Meadowlands hotel for $100. Any comments?

Another question I had was are there areas that are not safe and we want to keep away from?

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]