Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

I am just floating the idea around to see what Labour Day Weekend hotel rates might be like. There is a WWE Monday Night Raw event on Monday Sept 3rd, and even though I am going to be back in Chicago with a co-worker in mid August, I wouldn't mind going back again for a 3rd trip this year for a long wekeend and another wrestling event.

So just curious if the rates are quite high for say The Loop area? I've stayed at the Renaissance on Wacker in April for $102 a night and this upcoming August trip I am at the Blackstone rennaissance for $95 a night. Both won pn Priceline with the help of many of you on here.

Not sure what star rating you're looking at, but for a 4* hotel 'Downtown' you're probably looking at $120-$140 at this time.

Let us know if/when you want to move forward and we'll take a closer look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

What type of room rates do you need to make this trip happen?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Ok I decided to change my dates and here are my results:

Tue Sept 18th-Fri Sept 21st: Tried these dates first

Mon Sept 17th-Thu Sept 20th: Tried these dates second

NMA 4*--$75--rejected

$80--w/Franklin--rejected

$85--w/Skokie--rejected

$90--w/Hyde Park--rejected

$95--w/Lincoln Park--rejected

$100--w/Midway North--rejected

$102--w/The Loop-rejected

The Loop 4*--$75--rejected

$80--w/Franklin--rejected

$85--w/Skokie--rejected

$90--w/Hyde Park--rejected

$95--w/Lincoln Park--rejected

$100--w/Midway North--rejected

$103--w/NMA--rejected

NMA & The Loop 4*--$80--rejected

$85--w/Franklin--rejected

$90--w/Skokie--rejected

$95--w/Hyde Park--rejected

$100--w/Lincoln Park--rejected

$105--w/Midway North--rejected

The seat sale with Porter Airlines is done so I will wait for another round of good seat sales and try these dates or maybe dates in October.

Ok so after I posted my last post, I got an alert from Porter Airlines, that they extended their seat sale til July 3rd. So I fugured I would change my dates to July and see what I get. Here are my results

Tue July 17th-Fri July 20th:

NMA 4*--$70---rejected

$75--w/Franklin--rejected

$80--w/Skokie--rejected

$85--w/Hyde Park--rejected

$90--w/Lincoln Park--rejected

$95--w/Midway North--rejected

$98--w/ The Loop-------ACCEPTED!!

Got The 4* Hyatt Regency in The Loop Area on Wacker Drive.

Ok so after I posted my last post in the thread looking at Labour Day dates and then into September dates with no luck , I got an alert from Porter Airlines, that they extended their seat sale til July 3rd. So I fugured I would change my dates to July and see what I get. Here are my results

Tue July 17th-Fri July 20th:

NMA 4*--$70---rejected

$75--w/Franklin--rejected

$80--w/Skokie--rejected

$85--w/Hyde Park--rejected

$90--w/Lincoln Park--rejected

$95--w/Midway North--rejected

$98--w/ The Loop-------ACCEPTED!!

Got The 4* Hyatt Regency in The Loop Area on Wacker Drive

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the extended sale coincided with a good deal on a hotel and you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It was like 20 minutes later I had an email from Porter Airlines so I seen that they extended the seat sale. I had come home from work and only having under an hour to bid for Sept dates, and at the sametime texting my friend to see if she was ok with Mid July, being it is only 2 1/2 weeks away, seen as I had no luck with the dates that week in Sept. But then time ran out on the seat sale. Not bad and I do like this location. So three trips this year, April-Renaissance on Wacker, July- Hyatt Regency on Wacker and August- Blackstone Renaissance....

Thanks you guys for all the help on the bidding process.

Well many reviews say they don't like it because it is geared towards conventioners on trip advisor. Not sure what someone would mean by that, it is a hotel to stay in, but someone I know in Chicago said it is a nice place, and that the hotel treats all its guests the same, be it conventioners or vacationers. I'm looking forward to my stay there.

With 2,000+ rooms and geared towards convention traffic, the Hyatt does not offer the more personalized service of a boutique. However, it's a nice property that was renovated not to terribly long ago - great location, as well.

Glad you are looking forward to your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from my stay and well this place was great! I had maybe a slight minor one but I am sure it is common in many hotels. The bed wasn't all that comfy but then again sleeping away from home isn't always. But damn, could not complain about the location, the staff, the room. And when my friend and I had got there Tues, then headed out after checking in, we cameback and there was two bottles of Evian water, some chocolate toffee and a nice card from the Hyatt sitting on the desk. I would definitely stay here again. Hope to win it on another trip. Thanks all for the amazing help on bidding. Next up is The Blackstone in August with another friend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]