Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Convention Center - Mid Center City) Loews Philadelphia Hotel

Ariana13xy
By Ariana13xy,
in

Another Priceline success!

Began bidding on Sunday night at 65 for a 4* on Wednesday night (6/13-6/14) in Rittenhouse Square, then added "dummy zones" as I increased my bid up to well-over $100. No takers. Finally also added in Historic District and lower my bids and worked back up again. No takers.

Waited 24 hours and on Monday began bidding again in Rittenhouse, starting at $90, adding other districts, and incrementally increasing the price to $115 without success. Added in the Historic District and tried a few bids in the high 90's. Finally added in Convention Center area and lowered my bid back down to $85. They said if I raised my bid to $107, it would be accepted, so I declined, and upped my bid to $92.

Accepted by the Loews Philadelphia Hotel. Stayed here once before through Priceline about ten years ago, and was upgraded to a beautiful corner suite with windows that ran from the bedroom area into the bathroom. Probably won't be as lucky this time, but that's okay... looking forward to returning.

Used BetterBidding PRICELINE links, of course, to do my bidding and to do my zone/*-level research.

Thanks, guys!

Priceline Bias Alert...

Okay, so we certainly enjoyed our stay - we had a much cozier room this time around, but it truly was cozy... just a bit offbeat to make it feel like "not your usual hotel room," in that we were in a corner room with two smaller windows, and a connector door that would have connected us to a much larger room. We were in a private hallway with a door to the elevator lobby that could have been closed and locked... as if we got the kids' room in parents-and-kids suite.

However, check in was annoying because of the length of time they spent finding me a "Priceline-suitable" room. Upon checking in, the attendant loudly announced that I had booked through Priceline and then spent a ton of time coming up with a room with two double beds. I asked if we could have a king room, and she reported that unfortunately, all the deluxe king rooms had been taken, and that Priceline guests were restricted to deluxe rooms. However, she offered me a paid upgrade of $30 to a Superior King room would have put me in the class of rooms reserved for non-Priceline guests. I declined and asked if they had queen rooms, and after about 5 minutes of consultation with a fellow reception attendant, came up with the corner queen in which we stayed.

Seemed like a lot of pomp and circumstance to ensure that I didn't get assigned a room "i didn't deserve through Priceline"...especially, as I mentioned, when I've already stayed in a corner king suite in the very same hotel on a cheaper Priceline bid.

Sorry to see this stay didn't go as well as your previous one here, but it's a good example of how room assignments can differ from one stay to the next (even for non-PRICELINE / non-HOTWIRE purchases) and is subject to multiple variables including what is available at check-in, mood of the front desk clerk, etc. The amount you paid to PRICELINE for the room is not a factor, as the hotel doesn't know your bid amount, only the amount that the hotel charged PRICELINE.

Hope your future stays go more smoothly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]