Priceline Hotel: Alexandria Hotels...WHERE ARE THEY!?? LOL

MaestroChris
By MaestroChris,
in

Hello friends:

I'm having to go to Alexandria for a couple days and since I'm officially addicted to saving $$. Are there any other hotels other than Days Inn (yuck) that participate with Priceline in this area? I just called the Courtyard Marriott and asked them if they are a priceline partner. The agent seemed apprehensive but said that she has seen priceline customers. So just curious what other hotels might accept priceline rates. She also mysteriously cautioned that Priceline might charge me more for a stay there and suggested that I book a hotel with her. LOL

Tips? Thoughts? Suggestions!?

Thanks,

MaestroChris

My co-worker booked the Days Inn in Pineville through Priceline. He didn't bid but booked the hotel outright through Priceline. I think his price was $42/night and honestly the room he got was worth every penny. The overall property is no-frills for sure but the room is clean and decently appointed for a business traveler.

In the previous week he bid as high as $65 or so a night and got the Baymont Inn on MacArthur Dr. While it is a 2.5 or 3* property, he stated the Days Inn was a better value for the money spent.

My own experience has been that Alexandria is a pretty "dumpy" area and given the choice you're better off staying in Pineville to the north.

Last week I booked (not bid) the Super 8 on MacArthur Dr for $44/night. Ahhhh, never again. It was clean, but rather worn and out dated. The carpet was pretty stained in the room and the immediate area is rather "shady". Again, I'm a business traveler so sometimes these things don't matter so much considering the hours I work. Had I bid and got it for something like $20-$25/night I'd have felt better about the deal.

Just knowing that you have to travel to Alexandria makes me say "I'm sorry to hear that".

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the feedback man! Sorry that I missed it initially -- we're in a whole new year! But you're right...I've had to travel to that area a few times and decided to stay in Pineville. I have seen that Day's Inn and the Baymont you mentioned. I've lucked up and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express 2 times now and it was actually pretty cool. Except, I caught the night front desk agent having some "fun" -- shall we say. LOL I guess when you're in a not-so-busy location, that kind of thing might happen.

I'd be inclined to see just what rate that clerk might offer, and use that as my bidding cap (after factoring in PL fees).

As to what hotels might be available, the Courtyard is a 3* on the retail side of PL. Bidding is only available up to 2 1/2*s so that should rule out the Courtyard. The retail side did show three 2 1/2* hotels so those are maybe candidates. Hotels can be available on one side and not on the other though. You could get a completely different hotel.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]