Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown East) The New York Helmsley Hotel

MzKoliT
By MzKoliT,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

This product is very new and we haven't seen a whole lot of purchases yet (my guess is that the Express Deal costs a little more than you could get by bidding and most users here will likely continue to opt to bid), but from my experience my initial thoughts would be the following:

-star ratings are likely the same

-location likely the same since the 'hotel express' maps seem to have the same zones and boundaries as the 'name your own price' zones'

-amenities are not likely to be the same... when PRICELINE shows 'Guaranteed Amenities' for the bidding side of their service, it is not for a specific hotel, but rather the amenities which are common at all hotels of that star level in the zone. With Hotel Express the amenities are hotel specific, and therefore likely are different than what shows on the 'Name Your Own Price' side of their service.

Do you have a specific trip coming up? What are the dates of your stay and your desired star rating, zone(s) and budget? Is there a specific amenity(s) that you need from your hotel for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Travel dates 6/30-7/2

There is a 4* Midtown East $143.00/night $256 on other sites

Recommended in 90% of Hotwire Customer Reviews

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

There is also a 4* Midtown Central $149.00/night $267 on other sites

Recommended in 95% of Hotwire Customer Reviews

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in shower

Any Ideas what either of these are?

Thanks!

I used the site's HOTWIRE link for my search. :D

My husband wants a pool so that has complicated things. We' d like to spend $175/night.

If you search PRICELINE EXPRESS OR HOTWIRE do any hotels with a Pool amenity show up for your dates at your desired star level and budget?

There are very few hotels in NYC that offer a pool, and if this is a requirement, your options (and ability to get a great deal) may diminish greatly.

Let us know if anything with a Pool appears on your PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE searches... then let us know if you can convince your husband to forgo the pool idea for this trip ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We stayed at the Millennium Hilton in the Fin District last summer so I know they have a pool. I was hoping not to stay so far south this trip. I have been looking at both named and hidden hotels in my preferred areas and I am not having much luck. Guess we'll have to decide --my location or his pool. I'll let you know. Thanks!!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Was there anything that appeared with a Pool when searching Priceline Express or HOTWIRE?

Off the top of my head the Millennium Hilton has a pool, as does the Le Parker Meridien, The Manhattan at Times Square Hotel, Holiday Inn 57th St, and the Millennium UN. Of the bunch i think the Le Meridien offers the best in terms of quality and location, and the others are either not a great location or 'tired' hotels. However, as you can see, pricing will likely be substantially better if booking 'opaque'.

Let us know what you decide and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

June 30 - July 2 3.5* I'd like to stay in MTE but am open to other areas... We' d like to spend $175/night.

At current rates you can likely get a 4* hotel in the MTE zone well within your budget... is this of interest OR are you looking for the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Given that MTE is your preferred zone, and within your budget, is this the only zone you'd like to bid OR are there other zone(s) you wanted to include in your bidding?

Please confirm the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

Note that when bidding 3.5* and under in the MTE some hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway. If this i not acceptable then the way i've prepared the bidding strategy below you can simply change 3.5* to 4* and bid accordingly...

At the 3.5* level in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Soho...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MTE and Soho...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for NYC. Hopefully any noise/construction will be confined to daytime hours and you'll have a relaxing trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...

Stay was great. No construction activity, no fire alarms or anything. The interior is completed finished and the beds are awesome! Got a room on the 41st floor not much of a view but no biggie. Staff were pleasant and courteous. The hotel was a nice walk or short cab ride to everything we wanted/needed. Overall, I was more than satisfied. Thanks for the help BB!

Also , Thereuare - went to Ess-a-bagel. Its very busy and a bit chaotic but the bagels are delicious and their veggie cream cheese is the best I've ever had. It was so fresh the carrots were still crunchy!!! Thanks so much for the tip!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]