OGG Maui Midsize Alamo

hottieandginger
By hottieandginger,
in

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps the same price as HOTWIRE, hopefully a good deal vs. retail rates. ;)

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the rental company that accepted your bid so we can add this information to the topic title.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, the car rental agency is Alamo.

Yes, good deal compared to retail rates.

One observation on the Priceline bidding process. Priceline appears to employ a "bait and switch" technique, trying to induce "high" bids from "suckers." Each time that I bid on Priceline, I got a message along these lines: 'your bid has almost no chance of being accepted ... a bid of $30-35 has a strong chance of being accepted.' And yet my $14 bid for a mid-size car was accepted; roughly 60% lower than the bid that Priceline advised 'had a strong chance of being accepted.'

Then Hotwire confirmed that $14 was "market" for a mid size in Maui during this date range.

I'll keep using Priceline for bids, but watch out for the sneaky tactics!!

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]