Priceline Hotel: St. Louis Downtown 7/21-24 (2 rms)

brownt
By brownt,
in

I am new to this site and was trying to bid on this prior to finding this site. I bid $40, then $45, $48, $50 and $55. All rejected. A question I have after reading some information on this site is can I go back to say a $45 bid after the 24 hour waiting period? Or am I stuck with only going up from $55 after the 24 hour wait? Also, any bidding strategies for this trip would be helpful. I am needing 2 rooms from 7/21-24. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

St. Louis can be busier/more expensive during the Summer, especially if there's a particularly popular Cardinals game going on. What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

You can start lower again after 24 hours, but if it's busy for these dates, you are going to unfortunately need to bid higher.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Based upon current rates I'm doubtful that $65/nite will be enough for a 4* hotel Downtown... i'm actually seeing a few hotels at this star level sold-out for your dates. (although surprisingly the Hyatt is having a 'Buy 2 Get 1 Free' sale which brings the cost down for $209/nite to $139/nite for your dates)

Although very unlikely, did you first want to try for a 4* Downtown up to $65? If that is rejected, do you then want to try for a 3.5* property Downtown or a 4* in some other zone? If looking to stick with 4* hotels which other zone(s) are you willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The very last section on this site is Hotel Reviews. If you were to browse through the MO-Saint Louis reviews, you might find some other Priceline zones that appeal to you. Forest Park is the only zone that currently has 4* hotels offered on Priceline.

If you try this, the first post in that Hotel Review lets you click straight to the "M" states.

Also, the first post in this Priceline-Missouri area lists all hotels members have reported as wins. You could track those hotel names on into www.tripadvisor.com and get some more feeling for the possibilities. The post has the different zones named and separated.

Romelle

If you are driving, West-Chesterfield is a very nice area further out and the Doubletree Chesterfield is $91 on Expedia (last reported at the 3.5* level in the West-Chesterfield zone). Closer, the Forest Park-Clayton area is another option - both look noticeably more reasonable than the Downtown area. The Sheraton Clayton Plaza (last reported as a 3.5* on PRICELINE) is $98 on Expedia and the Crowne Plaza Clayton (last reported as a 3* on PRICELINE) is $108. I'd guess you may be looking at $45-60 for a 3.5* in the West-Chesterfield zone and maybe $55-70 (although I'd start lower) for a 3.5* in the Forest Park-Clayton zone. The Chesterfield area is a very nice suburban area but it is certainly further out.

Please let us know if you have any questions before bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

If your looking to get rooms to go to a cardinals game it does get high during the summer, What i have found it that I can get a really reasonable rate at the hilton airport (bid 3.5 stars) they have a shuttle that will take you to the metrolink train station and it stops right accross the street from the stadium. SO you don't have to worry about drinking and driving...only draw back is they do charge 10/night to park. I've parked 2 cars with room keys only paying for one many times....good luck ...hope that helps...I usually end up paying under 50 even when the Cardinals are in town.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]