Priceline Hotel: North Beach area help?

BME
By BME,
in

Hi all,

I was told the best place to stay is north of market and closer to North Beach. We currently have a B&B near 17th and Dolores but it's only $10 to cancel if we want. We are booked at $99 a night there, plus taxes etc of course. However, since we'd prefer to spend money on food, I figured I'd hunt more.

I was looking for places in the North Beach area, ideally near Coit Tower, but priceline seems to skip that area of town. Any ideas of how to go there?

Also, I searched for 4*, USE and USW and FD and put in $65 per night, but how do I see if it will let me without putting in my CC info? Or do I just let it get rejected and bump up slowly? (Yes I will go re-read the forums for these but quick tips are helpful). I would prefer to stay with 3.5* and up.

Thanks y'all!

Welcome to Betterbdding.

You have to enter your card information to be able to bid. If you are rejected, then your card is not charged and you can try again.

On the PRICELINE map, which zones would be acceptable? What would be your desired max budget per night? Additionally, please provide the date/s of travel.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

You don't want to stay at Fisherman's Wharf? That's right next to North Beach. If you get the Holiday Inn on Columbus, North Beach is practically right out the front door. Not sure you can get a place for $99 a night, though. In the past, yes, but San Francisco has gotten very expensive.

@Go - it's right next to it, yes, and I have searched there...I was just told being IN NB is better, I'm willing to go out as long as it's safe. And if it's less than $100 a night - which of course is hard to ask. We are currently so far away though, that I thought it would be worth trying....

@Aaron - We are currently booked for $100 a night so my max budget would be that :-) It also includes breakfast for that price... I wanted to know if we could move closer to the action, hence why I am looking. Acceptable zones would be Union District W & E, FD, FW since those are closer to where I want to be (NB).

This would be for the night of the 27th and 28th of June.

We will most likely be buying a CityPass and so can ride the Muni anywhere all the time, but I want somewhere safe to walk at night, with several good places to eat and things to do.

I realize I'm asking a lot so if it's not doable, please let me know and I will just stick with what we have. Thanks!

I think $120-$135 gives you a shot at success, but $100 for a 3.5* property isn't likely going to be enough based upon the rates i'm currently seeing.

If you want to give it a try, at the 3.5* level you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* USE, USW, FD and FW...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So I'm reporting back on this attempt - we actually did it twice. I started at $75 and went up to $100 on the first try and started at $90 and went up to $110 on the second try. Next I went for USE, FD, FW and added other sites that had no 3.5* or 4* but no luck so I will be sticking with my (unsafe and further out but cheap) B&B for this trip and will try again next time using BB's site.

Tips for others: Start early & if you book one place through somewhere else (like we did with B&B), give yourself time to try over a week or two every day before the cancellation date comes up.

Thanks for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]