Priceline Hotel: Help finding a place?

BME
By BME,
in

Hi everyone,

I was sent here from "one bag one world" to get help with my upcoming trip to CA.

We have already reserved a place for 2 nights in the city, but I'm having difficulty with a place for one night. Specifically, the night of June 25th (a Monday).

We scored reservations to a VERY nice place in St. Helena to eat - but they are for 9:30pm and supper won't be finished for "around 3.5 hours". And wineries in the area close around 5pm.

The next morning, we will be driving down to Santa Cruz so we need to find a place where we can check in around 5pm, change for supper, entertain ourselves for a bit, and leave in the morning. Since Napa is around 20-30 minutes south of St. Helena, that's too far to go at 1am and we wanted to find a place in St. Helena so we can get maximum sleep after supper. Ideally, that place should also offer breakfast.

Finally, there are three of us - all adults and we will have a car.

I have looked through hotels.com, bed and breakfast sites, priceline, and hotwire. I have found, on Priceline, 2.5* (low for me) for $50 naming my own price (haven't hit accept yet) somewhere between mid St. Helena & lower Yountville. 8+ reviewers, pool, gym, breakfast, business center. Anyone know what that is? I looked on Google maps, but there are TONS of hotels in the area!

Can anyone offer some help or suggestions as to how to go about this? Our budget is tight and with three of us, it's a bit of an issue. We don't want to have to drive north to Santa Rosa or south to Napa (although we can if we have to). We can get two rooms as well, if the price is low enough.

Finally, I can't sleep at the really cheap places (like a Motel 8) - the bedding itches and the pillow results in a very sore back in the morning due to health problems. So nothing below 3* would probably work.

Thanks so much!!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

In terms of a party of three, do you need more than one bed? If so, HOTWIRE would be a better option, as it allows one to indicate the amount of people in the party and ensure bedding for the party (commonly 2 beds, but can be 1 + sofabed or other combo.)

The list of hotels in CA that have been reported to the board can be found here: Priceline Hotel List. The list only provides the hotels reported to the board - there are new hotels (or changed star ratings or other information) being reported to the board often.

What PRICELINE zone/s would be acceptable, and which one are you selecting for the 2.5* mentioned above? If needing more bedding than one bed, would HOTWIRE be instead of interest?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi Aaron, thanks for getting back to me! For HOTWIRE, they don't have anything when I rule out Santa Rosa and 1* hotels and under $200 a night for 3 people. We do need more than 1 bed - there are two of us who are married and the third is a friend (all adults).

For PRICELINE, the list you gave I have looked at, but it's all in the Napa region but not upper napa valley, which is where I'm searching (as I really want ones close to St. Helena). I know it's a bit restricting, only using Zone 8 (through priceline) but we won't be finished with our meal until around 1 in the morning and we don't want to drive far after that. Plus, we'd like to use the room to change before the meal and thus we don't want to have to drive far before either. Napa would mean driving ~20 miles out of our way to and from the meal! Santa Rosa would mean driving ~15 miles out of our way to and from the meal AND the next morning!

But when I search "Upper Napa Valley", the best they offer are 2.5* so I was hoping for help identifying that and getting some kind of a bid range. I hope that makes sense and if there are any tips for getting HOTWIRE to offer any results, that would be useful as well.

We do need more than 1 bed - there are two of us who are married and the third is a friend (all adults).

Then PRICELINE would be a risk and you would need to be willing to accept the fact that you could receive a hotel with one bed and the hotel may be unable, or unwilling, to accommodate your request for a room with 2 beds (or there could be an additional charge)

Have you thought about bidding for 2 rooms on PRICELINE or HOTWIRE? I see HOTWIRE has a 2* hotel for $110/nite which i'm guessing is the Comfort Inn hot Springs of the West. This hotel does charge for an extra bed in the room for their King sized beds (so the extra bed will likely be a rollaway... and also confirms the above that booking double occupancy when you'll actually be three could be an issue in this area) OR you could book a room with TWO QUEEN BEDS for $159 HERE.

Does this property works for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our link to the Comfort Inn).

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for those links! The Comfort Inn is a bit out of our way, but I see on Hotels.com that a room with two queens is only $130 - I will call and ask about 3 adults in that room, but it will most likely come out to less than $288, which is what we have for a B&B now. Of course, it will be up to my travel companions if they wish to do that, but having the option is great.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]