Priceline Hotel: Niagara Falls, ON 06/30-07/02

asdf123
By asdf123,
in

Hi, I was looking for a hotel for the long weekend; check-in June 30th, check-out July 2nd. Ideally I would like a room with a fallsview.

I checked out Hotwire first because from what I hear it seems like you have a little more control over which hotel you get. There really didn't seem to be much available, and also I'm not sure which area I should be looking for. At first I thought 0.0 - 2.0 miles from city center, but now I think it might be 2.2 - 2.5 miles.

With Priceline, again, which zone should I be looking for? Is it Zone 1? Also, what strategies should I use when bidding? From looking at prices regularly, the rates are about $225 per night. Would $75 be a good starting bid? I would like to spend around $125-150 per night if possible.

If I get a room without a fallsview, is it possible to ask for a fallsview room after? Finally, is it possible to apply auto club discounts after?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At first I thought 0.0 - 2.0 miles from city center, but now I think it might be 2.2 - 2.5 miles.

The mileage markers are based upon the distance from the city entered when searching and the center point of the zone... not from the specific hotel being offered.

For both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE i'm assuming you most likely want the 'Niagara Falls, Ontario' zone.

From looking at prices regularly, the rates are about $225 per night. Would $75 be a good starting bid? I would like to spend around $125-150 per night if possible.
Based upon retail rates of $225/nite your idea of starting at $75 will likely be too low. However, for us to take a closer look, what star rating is it that you're looking to try for?

If I get a room without a fallsview, is it possible to ask for a fallsview room after? Finally, is it possible to apply auto club discounts after?

You can make whatever requests you'd like but there is no assurance that the hotel will be able, or willing, to honor your request... especially in instances where a Fallsview room may cost more than the 'standard' room. In most situations the hotel will make a note on the reservation and let you know that the room will be based upon availability at the time of check-in, but when told this some have had success asking if a paid upgrade now could get them the room type desired (the current difference in rate between a 'standard' room and the room type you want is typically a "fair deal" to both you and the hotel)

Finally, is it possible to apply auto club discounts after?

No.

Let us know regarding the star rating you're seeking and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in the Niagara Falls region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

With a bit of time on your side i would start as follows:

Select 3* Niagara Falls...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

If the above is rejected, wait 24 hour from the time of your last bid and re-try (once again using a PRICELINE link on the board):

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

If the above is rejected, wait 24 hour from the time of your last bid and re-try (once again using a PRICELINE link on the board):

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

This will take you up to your maximum bid over a 3 day period, at which point if unsuccessful we can re-access.

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the concept).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]