Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) Swissotel Chicago

rrratina
By rrratina,
in

Hi -

I tried bidding 4 star - highest so far is $125, no luck. I also tried 3.5 stars at 85.00 (I believe) - no luck. Will try again this evening when my 24-hour deadline passes. Is the 24 hour wait an exact 24 hours (by the minute)? I may possibly get a 4 star at 130ish after reading a new post? Your thoughts? I prefer to stay in this area. tranaportation-no car. WIll catch the train Sat.

Many thanks.

The 24 hour waiting period is an exact 24 hour period from the last time that particular bid (for example, 4* Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) failed. If $125 failed at the 4* level in this zone, I think you're probably looking at $135-155 for a 4* win, and possibly $110-135 (although I'd try lower first) for a 3.5* win.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Am hoping you can advise if these areas are within walking distance of each other should I split my nights?

Also-it looks like by the map the greater Chicago area hotels are nearby also? I just do not know the difference in areas. What is considered the downtown area? Thanks.

Let's take a step backwards a moment...

What are the date(s) of your stay? Is this for 6/15 the same nite as your previous Priceline Chicago thread? (although it seems like this is for more than just one nite)

What is your desired star rating and budget for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel bidding, searches and purchases (each time you access the respective site)... and click each of these links before replying!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A couple of the Greater Chicago hotels are not too far from downtown, but the majority of them are - I would definitely NOT bid in that area if you want to be in/near downtown.

In terms of the downtown PRICELINE zones:

River North-North Michigan Ave area: Lots of shopping and restaurants.

Gold Coast and River North nightlife/restaurant areas. Further from museums.

Millennium Park/Loop/Grant Park area: Some shopping and some restaurants and closer to museums (Art Institute is within zone, Museum Campus is just a short walk South of the South border of the zone.) This zone can be quiet/very quiet at night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you got a great deal at this property and even less than you had previously bid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]