Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hilton San Francisco Financial District

WindyCityHokie
By WindyCityHokie,
in

Used the Betterbidding PRICELINE link and just got the Hilton. I'm not too excited. I got this property through Priceline my last trip to San Francisco, and it wasn't a great experience. Oh well.......

It may be beneficial for other betterbidding travelers to note this is you win a bid for 4* hotel in Financial District-Embarcadero. The Hilton Financial District front desk person this weekend told me that the default room type for all Priceline customers is their 1 double bed room, which I stayed in during my last stay. These rooms are VERY uncomfortable. They are barely large enough for 1 full sized bed, and they are adjacent to the elevators. The noise was ridiculous. I highly encourage anyone staying at this property through a Priceline winning bid to call the hotel before your arrival and request a room other than the small, 1 double bed room that is typically assigned.

We were pre-assigned one of the 1 double bed rooms, and unfortunately I wasn't the most polite person at the front desk. I should have called prior to arriving. They did put us in a king room at no additional charge, and indicated that they typically will if someone requests and larger rooms are available. After staying at the Hyatt Embarcadero and the Omni, it is surprising that this Hilton is rated the same class. Local, San Francisco friends have told me that property has never had a great reputation. When a 4* hotel provides ear plugs on the nightstand for guests, it doesn't do a whole lot for your comfort expectations.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]