Priceline Hotel: London 1 night, where to bid

sonic_fan
By sonic_fan,
in

Hey everybody

Since I've received so much valuable info from my other post "Italy mid-Sept Help", I thought I'd start another one. On our way to Italy we'll be staying 1night, Sept 4th in London. I'd like to priceline it although I don't know what region to bid or how much (having never been there). We want to stay somewhere that's in a fun area for under 100$. We'll be arriving early one morning and leaving late the next night, which isn't too much time, but at least enough to venture out for a while. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sonic

It'll be my wife and I, we'll be traveling to/from gatwick & heathrow. Among other things we'll be interested in restuarants, bars, and some sites. I suppose that could be just about anywhere, but I'm mainly interested for some recommendations since I haven't done my homework on London yet.

I think the most convenient area to tourist attractions is Mayfair/Soho - the theater district, Trafalgar Square and the museums are there. It usually is a bit more expensive than other areas but you'll be in the thick of things, which is worth it for a short stay. It's also convenient to transit to both airports, but so are most of the central London zones in one way or another.

As you are only staying one night I think lwitchel is about right.

Look at the London Underground map and also

London Hotel reviews

Note:

The Tube doesn't run 24\7, typically 06:00-0100

Some buses do run all night

Night Bus

Hotel rooms are very small compared to USA.

Slightly different theme.

If you're flying with a budget airline to Italy then watch your baggage allowance, they are not as generous as the scheduled airlines and WILL 'fine' you for excess baggage.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]