Priceline Hotel: 3* San Jose (Cupertino - Campbell) Courtyard San Jose Campbell

DuLee
By DuLee,
in

$65 x 3 (weekend) nights = $195

Taxes = $34.98

Total = $229.98

Rack rate = $120/night

Courtyard Marriott Campbell. **Note: This hotel is NOT in betterbidding's current listing.

Bidding history

I did not know I would need a hotel until last minute. I did not have time to "mess around" with too many bids.

Day 1

1) 4* Offered $68 + $10/night Priceline bonus. (I do not know why I was offered this bonus.... Perhaps because I hadn't used Priceline in several years??).

2) 4* Added Mt. View (no 4* hotels in that zone) and increased offer to $72 (plus Priceline's $10 bonus).

Day 2

1) 4* Offered $78 (For whatever reason, the $10 bonus was not offered after Day 1.)

2) Added 3 1/2* Offered $80

3) Added 3* Offered $60

4) Added Mt. View and offered $65. Accepted. (Offer of $60 for my hotel did not work. $65 did.)

Side Notes

I did not want to stay too far outside the Cupertino area. As my luck with Priceline has always been, I was assigned to a location furthest from my desired location. As it turned out the extra 15 minute drive wasn't too bad at all.

Just a guess but I'm guessing most winning Priceline bids in the Cupertino - Campbell area will get this Campbell location more often than in Cupertino.

Hotel looks rather nondescript on the outside. Nice on the inside, great staff, and easily worthy of 3* rating.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay and the location worked out to be better than you had expected.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are welcome. My review was both read and replied to quickly. Too, my hotel has already been added to the list. Nicely done!

Betterbidding is a cool website. Makes me wish I traveled more! Hope my review may help another traveler someday.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]