Hotwire Hotel: 3* Williamsburg (Colonial - Busch Gardens) Royal Inn Williamsburg

alfrehley
By alfrehley,
in

Beware, last night saw this listing on Hotwire and booked only to find out it was the ROYAL INN. Had to do some research to even find information on this hotel. After seeing pics, obviously this was a motel six previously. The reviews made me even more uneasy. I spent hours on the phone but finally got a refund. BEWARE this is not a 3 star hotel and it is still being offered on HOTWIRE.

Amenities listed are:

Smoke Free Rooms, Pool(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Complimentary Breakfast

The listing also appears first in my williamsburg search and also shows super savings.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with this purchase but glad to see you were able to resolve it with HOTWIRE.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I got this hotel, the Royal Inn also from Hotwire for $51 6/10 - 6/13. When I saw the picture I called right away to get a refund because it looks like a 2 star at best. They refused to give me a refund and claimed that a Hotwire employee stayed there 7 days ago and gave it a 3 star rating? What did you say to them to get the refund? they told me I had to go to the hotel and see it in person in order to get a refund. Please help I can't stay there thats why I wanted a 3 star.

Sorry to hear this was an ordeal to resolve, but glad to see you ultimately got it take care of.

If you need help with a 'replacement' stay for this trip, or report a new win, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

update

While eating an excellent pizza at 'Sals Italian Restaurant' I looked across the street and noticed the Royal Inn. Whoa, the Travelodge next door looked like the Taj Majal in comparison. It looked like the exterior pictures of the Royal Inn were from many years ago, as today there is an aged facade w/exposed plywood. While I didnt see the inside, I cant possibly believe this could be a 3 star by any standard.

FYI- There is a Motel 6 for $39 and a Best Inn for $34/nt 200/wk both on Richmond that looked far better

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]