Priceline Hotel: Chicago advice?

hawksmoor
By hawksmoor,
in

I've just managed to get a ticket for the sold-out "Iceman Cometh" at the Goodman, but find the Hotwire/Priceline hotels that weekend out of my reach. I'd love to stay downtown, but is it possible to stay at the airport (or elsewhere)and take public transport? Which hotels would be best for this? How late do the trains run? Can I do this without being freaked out by bleak and underpopulated platforms? (I speak as a New Yorker who normally isn't freaked out by subways, but found myself precisely in that state (in the middle of the day!) on a previous Chicago trip) Any advice will be appreciated that keeps me from paying 300 dollars for a hotel room.

Please confirm the date/s of travel and we would be happy to offer suggestions. I often recommend the 'burbs to stay at, but it's really best if you're driving, as it's not walkable in many cases to public transit from suburban hotels (and there's no way to specify a hotel close to transit with HOTWIRE or PRICELINE.) If you are flying into O'Hare, the best option is staying by ORD. The Metra trains to the 'burbs end around Midnight, CTA trains run through the night.

Additionally, please provide your desired budget per night.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]