Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Affinia Manhattan

ehadad37
By ehadad37,
in

Hi,

I already ordered hotel Stanford (3* level) for six nights in rate of $174.

I can cancel my order and to get full refundable and I am wondering if I can get a better offer in same or upper hotel level.

Stanford hotel is located next to the Pen station and I can live with hotel the located in one of the following zones:

* Times Square - Theatre District

* Midtown West

* Central Park South

* Midtown East

I didn't mentioned zones Madison Square Garden and Empire State Building Area since I am afraid to get hotel to much west or east respectively.

Thanks

Eran

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Did you want to first try for a 4* hotel up to your maximum bid, then if rejected try for a 3.5* up to your maximum bid, etc, etc... OR is your goal to first try for a 3* hotel for less than the rate above?

Please confirm your preference and we'll advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry i didn't ask earlier... what are the dates of this stay?

Also, if 4* is rejected, did you then want to try 3.5* before lowering to 3*? If so, what is your maximum bid at the 3.5* level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* TS and MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and MTW...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and MTE...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and TS...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and TS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $153, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and MTE and CPS and MTW...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180

Any questions feel free to ask. If the above is rejected you need to decide if you want to include MTE in your bidding as some of the known 3.5* and below properties can go a bit far east.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi,

please help me identify the below hotel:

Area: 3* Empire State Building area hotel

Price: $190

Date: 20-26/10/2012

Amenities:

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Recommended:

In 75% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Thanks

Eran

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Have you tried any of the bidding above already?

Best guess for this HOTWIRE property is the Bedford Hotel.

Let us know what you decide to do for this trip and/or if we can be of further help.

Sorry for open a new post. I was thinking that if I would like to ask about Hotwire hotels it should be in other forum.

I executed all the bis and I raise my budget to $210 but still all the bids rejected. I also tried 3 star and bid max $180.

Do you think that my Long vacation date (6) caused t that? Is there any problem to get hotel in Priceline for that kind of period or my offer was too low.

I tried to look if or hotel in Hotwire as well and I got the hotel I described in my previous message. Can you please help me identify the hotel?

Thanks

Eran

Your rejected bids are likely a combination of this typically being an expensive time of year in NYC as well as the length of your stay and it being nearly 5 months before your stay. Although it's still early, given this is usually a busy time of year in the city, there is no way to know if rates will come down between now and your stay... or continue even higher from here. Hotels know that this is a busy time and have priced their hotels accordingly, and where prices go from here will be based upon how actual reservations come in relative to their expectations... if business is stronger than expected rates will rise, if fewer reservations are on the books then expected then rates can come down.

Can you please help me identify the hotel?

Best guess for this HOTWIRE property is the Bedford Hotel.

Let us know what you decide and/or how we can be of further help.

I would continue bidding 1-2 times per week at this point since any more than this you'll likely get frustrated.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if/how we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases each time you access the respective sites.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]