Priceline Hotel: 3* Carpinteria Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn

Mlove61
By Mlove61,
in

Hello, I've been coming to this site for the last few months for great tips on bidding on Priceline. Over the last few days I have been bidding on a 3* room in Santa Barbara for June 4th & June 5th. The median price for this star level according to Priceline is $183.00. In my past experience with Priceline I have always been successful on getting rooms at not less than 40% off the median price indicated. In most instances more like 50 to even 60& off the median price indicated. For Santa Barbara however I seem to be having some issues.

My question is this, does anyone have any Santa Barbara specific help they could provide me? I want to stay in Santa Barbara however I have included the Goleta area in a few bids with still no luck. I'm wondering perhaps if there is a limited number of 3* hotels in the area and that is what is causing my problem. I have thought about decreasing to a 2 1/2 star however I really do not want to do this. Below are my previous bids.

3* Hotel in the Santa Barbara Area for the dates of Monday June 4th checking out Tuesday June 5th.

$80

$90

$100

$105

$110

$115

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

Hello, I've been coming to this site for the last few months for great tips on bidding on Priceline.[/quote[We're glad to hear the information on the board has been helpful to you in the past, but it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that the information can help others, just as yo have been helped by those who have posted before you.

Please begin by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I modified my search to include Goleta and Carpinteria. I went as high as $120 a night for Santa Barbara and Goleta. Priceline tried to get me to raise my bid $34 to $154 but I did not want to go that high. I added Carpinteria and bid $100 and I just booked the Best Western. For the $50+ savings, I can take being 10 miles away.

Best Western Plus Carpinteria Inn ***3 Star***

4558 Carpinteria Avenue

Carpinteria, CA 93013

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]