Priceline Hotel: West LA 6/13-6/15

Ravenwing
By Ravenwing,
in

Hi there, I've been spending weeks on hotwire and priceline setting up a roadtrip along the californian coast. Managed to get some nice deals on hotwire but I'm not having a lot of succes on Priceline (read: zero). I've been bidding upto 110$ for 3,5* in the redondo/manhattan area figuring it would be ok for a middle of the week date, seeing others win for less though they can have a different date of course. My other tries were for culver city for 3* up to 90$ since the hotel websites (Best Westerns) show their prices at 115$, I didn't want to go any higher because I might as well book directly and know what I have before I book.

I know there's no guarantees but compared to the prices I've seen mine are similar or up to par at least? Any suggestions on when how what would be greatly appreciated (I've been using the rebidding option like a maniac already).

For the above mentioned dates we'll be spending time in hollywood and santa monica (rough guestimate), if there are other interesting zones I don't know of (I'm from The Netherlands) please let me know and what a 3*/3,5* costs on average.

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Managed to get some nice deals on hotwire...

Maybe your wins can help another user on the board, just as you are trying to be helped by the experience of others.

Please share your HOTWIRE win(s) to the board as a new topic(s), then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your trip above. In your HOTWIRE threads please include in the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite and dates of your stay... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I recently got a priceline win for $94 on a Sunday in the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone at 3*. There were enough rebid zones to nail down the right price. Mind you, parking was $18/night at the hotel I won. It really depends on exactly what your needs are and when. You may want to consider making a refundable reservation at a cheaper-but-okay airport hotel, so that you at least have a plan B, and then keep bidding for what you really want more.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]