Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton - Princeton (East - Monmouth Junction) Wyndham Princeton Forrestal Hotel And Conference Center

bookhound
By bookhound,
in

Started bidding Princeton West for three nights 5/24/12-5/26/12 for 3 1/2* for 56.00, then added 3* for 58.00. Then bid for one night for 60.00 and received Hyatt Regency. Added additional night at same rate. My problem was that I actually needed 3 nights, so I started bidding for one night, 5/26/12, for 60.00, then added 3* for 62.00. No luck. Added Princeton East and got Wyndham for 65.00. It's ok. I always wanted to try out this hotel, but probably should have started with two nights bidding.

Yikes, just read the reviews, so I hope I will have a different experience.

Just returned and was pleasantly surprised. The room was a decent size, clean, and unlike the Hyatt Regency, had firm pillows, complimentary bottled water, and free Internet. Overall, a good experience, even though I still prefer the Hyatt's location for easy access to route 1 and the main university campus.

Did you stay at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, or down in Princeton?

I've stayed at the New Brunswick Hyatt Regency (near Rutgers), and really like that Property. Won it many times off of Hotwire, and I have always been very satisfied. Plus, if you're leaving early in the morning (I think by 8am), you can park on the street out front for free.

The Forrestal is another story. I'm one of those that give it poor reviews. If you complain, you'll often get a coupon for a free breakfast (but I always head out early, so have never taken advantage of it). They just really need to renovate the rooms (it sounds like yours was). Every time I've stayed there, I've had issues like toilets that wouldn't flush, sinks that wouldn't drain, peeling paint, etc. etc.

I referred to the Hyatt Regency Princeton at 103 Carnegie Center/Alexander Road. It's the closest to the main university campus. Parking is free. It has a nicer pool, and rooms are larger than the Wyndham Forrestal.

I had absolutely no complaints at the Wyndham Forrestal, except that the fitness room was fairly hot. No issues with peeling paint, worn furniture, mold, clogged toilets, showers, etc. in my room. My room was in the North Tower.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]