Priceline Hotel: First Timer Here!

HunGJaI
By HunGJaI,
in

I've used Priceline once...but it was for a car rental...worked great...

This time...HOTEL!

Going August 3 to 6 2012

Looking for 3.5-4.5* hotel for 7 adults at first I was thinking of a suite (that fits 6) but I don't think priceline/hotwire allows that...(unless I'm wrong)

SO now...maybe getting 2 rooms with 2 queen/double beds might be my next idea...

Looking around $300 per room (I hope that is ENOUGH...)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (this is especially true in NYC where real estate is at a premium, hotel rooms are typically smaller than usual, and therefore hotels usually have a very high percentage of rooms with only one bed (and rooms with two beds is sometimes considered an 'upgrade' at some properties)). If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Based upon the above let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...but I assume it's pretty much the same thing...

PRICELINE and HOTWIRE share a lot of similarities (in the sense that both are 'opaque' hotel purchases) but also have some distinct differences (most notably there is no bidding on HOTWIRE)

See this thread I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire which reviews the similarities, and differences of each.

From there, do a HOTWIRE search using the search box on the top left of this page or using BiddingHelper.com (using the correct number of rooms/guests) and see if anything appears within your desired star rating, zone and budget. If so, post the details here and we'll see if we can assist in taking a guess as to which hotel it may be.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

Thanks for closing this thread with your (or her ;) ) decision.

Please check for and use the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct/non-opaque purchases whenever possible (or our MAPS and HOTELS.com site is a good resource when you want a specific hotel or in a specific location)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]