Priceline Hotel: Lexington Advice

volntitan
By volntitan,
in

So was going to get a hotel in Lexington thru priceline for this weekend. The extremely helpful list on here has Lexinton broken down into 2 zones, but on priceline they actually have 4 zones (Lex East and South Lex Hwy 481). Any advice? Would like to stay in Lex South or North, but don't want to risk being put in the other areas and not sure what class rating the hotels "top out" at in them.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't believe these are new zones, we have just not seen anyone report a win in either of these locations yet.

Would like to stay in Lex South or North, but don't want to risk being put in the other areas and not sure what class rating the hotels "top out" at in them.

As per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List you shouldn't be using the lists on the board to determine your re-bid zones, the only method which should be used is detailed here: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. After reading this thread let us know if you have any questions and/or are able to identify your re-bid zones (if any as you didn't indicate what star level you're intending to bid for)

What star level are you seeking? What is your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A tip, since you don't have a lot of time to bid:

At the 3.5* level, you have two free re-bid zones.

At the 3* level, you have only one free re-bid zone.

No free rebids at lower star levels.

Do post back if you'd like your assumptions double-checked.

Also, look really closely at those Priceline zone maps. Before bidding a zone, you have to be OK with getting a hotel anywhere in the shaded area.

Romelle

PS - are you bidding for one or two nights?

FYI, I've stayed in Lexington a few times now, each time I've used HOTWIRE or PRICELINE for my stay. Funny enough, all of my stays have been 3 stars in the North Zone. 4 Points, Courtyard, and the Clarion. Not sure what rating you are looking for, but all 3 of those are clean and will serve you well if all you are looking for is a hotel room at a really good price. Just be aware, the Clarion automatically booked me in a smoking room, I had to call and request a non smoking room, but they were helpful. I think my average on a non -holiday/Keeneland/UK weekend in those hotel is around $50/nt before fees. Just an FYI, a cab from that area to downtown will run you roughly $15-20 each way. The 3.5 star Griffin Gate Resort looks like an awesome place to stay, but I've never been willing to splurge. The one weekend I was willing, was the weekend of the Blue Grass Stakes and I wasn't paying what they were asking. That being said, several folks have posted nice prices on off weekends for that one.

The Lex E zone has some nicer 3 stars in the area, but I've never seen anyone post a winner from that area. I know there is a Hyatt Place in that region, not sure what else might hit. That being said, while you're always flying blind with Priceline, you're really flying blind in this area.

Finally, I've never tried for anything in the Lex S area. It compromises most of the downtown area hotels, but most of the downtown hotels get a nice premium for parking. I'm also worried about bidding on the 3 star Crowne Plaza Campbell House in that area. It gets mixed reviews, personally I've avoided it, but check it out online, you may find it to be the best hotel ever, I don't know, haven't stayed there.

Never been interested in the South Lex area, I usually stick to 3 stars and higher on priceline.

Hope that helps. It never hurts to look at the hotels on the hotel page and look directly at their websites. Hotwire can also give you a gauge for pricing of certain hotels in certain areas as there are several crossovers between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.

Good luck and have fun, not sure what the purpose of your trip is, but if you get a chance, the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort is pretty cool and was one of my favorite stops of all my trips.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]