Priceline Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip North)

CMoney
By CMoney,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

It isn't too early to bid for August at this point, although I'm a little surprised that you didn't get a win at $160 with rates what they are for these dates. At this point, I'd rather suggest trying to book a refundable backup than go higher bidding, given the difference between where you've bid up to and regular rates. If more inventory opens up between now and your stay, you can cancel the refundable reservation, then move. If rates go up (this isn't a busy time, unless something's going on I'm not aware of - convention, etc?) you've at least locked in a better rate at a 5*.

Please use the site's Support Page links to start regular rate purchases and searches.

Let us know what you decide and if you have any questions.

I tried bidding using $5 increments starting at $100 up to $160 without any success. I noticed the advertised rate for the Wynn which is a 5* in this category was $181. Am I bidding too far away from my expected dates?

Using promotion code ONLFALL on wynn's reservation website, their 35% off pre-paid room rate for Wynn is $168...not bad for a weekend. Good luck!

Thanks for all the help. The $132 you have there is actually for the Wednesday to Friday. The Friday to Saturday is about $190. I think I might just hold off a bit and try in a week or two as we will accept any of the 5 stars on the strip.

For the 3 nites at The Wynn the sale rate is $144/nite... less than you have already bid for a 5* hotel in this zone.

If you're not ready to purchase you may want to book the $154/nite rate which appears to be fully refundable up until a few days before your stay (always double check the terms during the checkout process)... if you're able to get a better deal down the road with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE you can cancel this reservation, should rates move higher you're locked in at a price less than you were willing to pay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our link to The Wynn)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update. I ended up booking the Encore for $195 per night for 2 nights less $50 with a Facebook promo they were having so $170 per night. I thought this wasn't too bad for a Friday and Saturday night. Not much luck on Priceline this time. Thanks for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]